HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 18 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:58 pm
Latest topics
» Wishful Thinking OOC
Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:07 am by Ink

» Star Wars RP Profiles
Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:42 pm by EonArashi

» Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)
Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:10 pm by Ink

» "The Kingdom of Laril" Discussion area
Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:38 pm by Raven

» Ink's Portfolio
Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:17 am by Ink

» Wishful Thinking: Sun Voyage
Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:10 pm by Ink

» So here we are.
Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:38 pm by Ink

» The Kingdom of Laril
Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:53 am by Raven

» Just because
Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:20 pm by Raven


Share | 
 

 Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ink

avatar

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:21 pm

Kantor City: A large city in which collaboration between Magic, Science, and Alchemy has contributed to a truly prosperous living environment.  In fact, Kantor is often called the best-off city in the region.  The people are friendly, the monsters stay out thanks to the perimeter wall, and everything is sanitary and serene.

At the far end of town, sitting atop a large hill is an observatory.  There, in the star gazing dome sits a young woman in a white lab coat, with long, brown hair, writing notes as she occasionally peaks back into the telescope.  Standing at her side is what appears to be a girl.  She has short, blonde hair and is dressed in a white blouse and black plaid skirt.  However, there appear to be inlays running down her face from her eyes which are empty and emotionless.  At her shoulders and elbows are mechanical looking joints.  In her hair are a large bow and some form of headband with a small light on the left side.  

Currently, though, Sabrina's studies worry her as she sits there and bites the eraser of her pencil.

Sabrina: Hm...Cyan, would you hand me that chart of the star alignment around this area this time of year.

Cyan: Of course, ma'am.

Cyan bows respectfully.  Her voice was human but had a robotic quality about it.  She turns and obediently steps to a file cabinet, opening the drawer.  Then her hands begin to cycle through the drawers at practically superhuman pace until she stops, pulling a file out and walking back to the scientist.

Cyan: Will that be all?

Sabrina takes the charts and looks over them.  Then she peaks back through the telescope for a brief moment.

Sabrina: Yes.  Thank...you.  That's what I thought. These aren't our stars. This alignment isn't even close.

Cyan’s eyes suddenly begin to flash red.

Cyan: Warning: Monsters Detected Approaching the City Wall.

Her voice is being broadcasted throughout the city from various loudspeakers.  

Cyan: For Your Own Safety, Please Seek Out The Nearest Shelter Now, In The Event That The Wall Is Breached.  

Her eyes continue to flash red but she no longer speaks.

Sabrina: Cyan, we're going back to the lab to gather a few things. We have a bit of a trip to take.

Sabrina turns and leaves with her hands in the pockets of her lab coat.  Cyan bows before grabbing the professor's bag and leaving with her.

Cyan: Yes, ma'am.


Hasteriver Town; Town of Merchants, Farmers, Traders-

A young zuman girl suddenly leaps over a fruit cart in the street being pushed along by vendors as two large men chase after her, plowing through the cart like bulls.  The girl looks behind her in amusement.

K: Hey, that's property damage, boys! You gotta PAY for that!

And thieves...

K turns on a dime into an alley and uses the wall of the building to turn herself completely around, running along it overhead before flipping behind the two goons and running off into a crowd, leaving the two idiots to fumble over themselves until they spot her running off in the opposite direction and get after her. K looks over her shoulder with a devious little smirk, weaving through the crowd with the small case she'd been holding still hugged tightly beneath her arm. Inside? Geno; the Currency of this world. Small gold tokens.[/color]

So yeah, that's me and the name's K. As you can guess, I'm the adorable little thing running from the big oafs here. Don't concern yourself with 'em. They're total morons the mayor hires out behind everyone's backs. He doesn't like me much. Even though all I did was take a few little Genos from the round little man...The man whose vault is as big as a house. Yeah, the twenty I took, he'd never miss. That is if he wasn't a money grubbing little greed ball. Oh, emphasis on that ball part. Seriously, he's- oh, whoops, interrupting. Back to the show!

K ducks and weaves through the crowd before it starts getting thicker and she resorts to using people's heads as stepping stones.  As the crowd thins out, she lands back on the ground and promptly turns around.

K: Sorry, ev'ryone!

Then she turns right back around and darts away around the corner.  The two thugs push their way through the crowd to find that K had already gone. She had a knack for disappearing. That was for certain. The two of them sneer then turn and walk off to go see the mayor.


Last edited by Ink on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
Ink

avatar

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:22 pm

Raven wrote:
In the forest within Grandus: the center being full of thousand year old trees standing several stories tall, stretching to younger woodlands in the outskirts. Below the inner canopy, the river passes through before continuing past a plateau and circling around the Grand Tree before leaving the forest.
In the northeast section:

Thick in the tree branches, the wind blows gently. A hawk flies over and glides off onto the sky's horizon. A single branch moves but an inch. In the next tree over, thirty some feet above ground, a shadow hides between the leaves.

Among the ground, the land is halfway flooded from a mahogany wooden structure before the five foot drop off. Crawling over a log, a brown creature stretches its flat tail. An Uberlonian beaver, found in this forest and grown larger than the regular beavers of this land. The scent of salmon reaches its nostrils.

A wooden stake zips through the air, pinning the beaver's paw to the log. The tree's shadow drops down, the cloak absorbs the training sunlight seeping through the canopy over the water. The figure's staff makes contact with each major pressure point on the beaver's body and two across the head. Jumping back to avoid a major tail whip, the hood slides off revealing the blond hair and pointy ears beneath. She lowers her ears then dashes along the neighboring log, and with the bo-staff knocks some sticks from the dam into the snarling beaver, causing some whines. She jumps then slams the staff into the beaver once more. After the painful cry, the muscles had one last spasm.

As quickly as a leap from one tree to the next, the kill was made, and with hardly a spilled drop of blood. The young woman unpins the paw and lifts the deceased beaver from the tail.

"Hmmm. This will fetch a good price back at town," Kinara said grinning smugly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
Ink

avatar

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:25 pm

K: Mneh.  What, only 15?  Aw.  C'mon, K.  That's barely enough to get a stinkin' apple from the market.

She opens up another pouch, this one filled with a few more of the small, golden coins.  She slowly separates them, counting slowly.

K: 32?  I guess that's enough for a fish, right?  It's not like I need to cook it or anything.

Her ears suddenly pop right back up and a devious little smile spreads across her face.  Something begins to form in her head mentally.  Grabbing both pouches, she stands and hops up, planting one foot on the wall and springing herself away, flipping over the fence separating off her spot from the rest of the town before racing away.  She was in such a hurry that she could hardly notice her ears twitch.  Someone was nearby and she almost ran right into them.

In one, fluent motion, K swiveled around this fox girl and spun, sliding to a stop and facing her.  Then she blinks.  She was holding some kind of beaver.  K had never seen such a creature in person.  Of course she'd never been more than half a mile out of town.

K: Hey, this is pedestrian crossing, read the signs, why don'tcha!

Signs...what signs?  There were no signs.  But what would that matter to someone like K?


[Kantor City]

The alarm finally cuts.  Sabrina prepares to the lab with Cyan, packing a suitcase with various gadgets and gizmos.  Sabrina never packed light.  Cyan was a walking Swiss Army Knife.  She could kill and cook whatever Sabrina needed.  She could quickly scan for resources, and she could fight.  What more could a person need?  But before they would leave, the two of them found themselves stopping by the City Council.

Sabrina: Hi, guys.  Dave, Marsha, Julius, how're you all doing?

Councilor Garrick: That is Councilor Davis Garrick, Ms. Bizra.  What are you here to bother the council with today?

Councilor "Julius" Reyes: Garrick, Sabrina deserves better than your crass attitude right now.

Councilor Garrick: Her barrier project has endangered this fine city to those monstrosities eight times within the last month!

Councilor Reyes: At least allow her to explain herself before you become the picture of a pompous bureaucrat, Garrick.

Councilor Marsha Vye: I second that.

Sabrina: What a coincidence.  I came here to talk about exactly that.  The power crystal I was using for the barrier is beginning to die.  I need to head back to the Summerset Isle to get a new one.  Until them, wake up that city guard you were busy using our tax dollars to pay.  Tell them they can start actually doing...you know...their job.

Councilor Garrick: ...Is that all you wanted, Ms. Bizra?

Sabrina: Yep.  I'll be gone for about a week.  three days to get there.  A day or two to search.  Three days to get back.  Thank you for your time Marsha, Julius, and...COUNCILOR Dave.

Sabrina leaves with her hands in her pockets.  As they shut the door behind them, Cyan pauses.

Cyan: Professor Bizra, it has come to my attention that, while you did no falsify your report, you all did not reveal the full extent of the situation.

Sabrina: Because if they knew I was going out to find Norn, they'd cut my funding...the funding that allows me to maintain you...and everything else I've made for this city.  Now, come along, Cyan.  We have work to do.


Last edited by Ink on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
Ink

avatar

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:26 pm

Raven wrote:
Down the streets of Kantor City, Lucas, a young Zuman, walks along the street with his friend Isaac.

"So how's the apprenticing going? There has to be some reason I only see you twice a week outside class." Isaac asked.

"It's going fine." Lucas responded faintly.

"Come on, something's up. What is it? Your sis didn't show you up again, did she?" Isaac said, leaning back and putting his hands behind his head.

"No. Well yea, she learned a new fighting sequence but that's not it. Back at Kinderah Avenue, the old man says he's seeing some apparitions from the days of the old kingdom floating about or somethin'. Told me wants me to test my skills soon. Says I should be going on a trip, a journey, to put real experience in my paws." Lucas says, flicking his tail.

"Do you even know what an 'apparition' is?" Isaac asked.

"Nope. I figured it out it's something that is affected only by certain kinds of magic, eventually. The old man says a lot of big words that don't make sense. At least he's a genius of a mage."

"Yea but he certainly trains you hard. We have to play bankers and robbers again soon. But I'm at my alley so I'll catch up with you later. Later Luke." Isaac said turning off.

"Catch you later," Lucas said half-smiling.

Lucas waved goodbye as he continued his way. The next several minutes he wove his way through other pedestrians with his hands in his green jacket and flicking his tail. Walking down the sidewalk, a glisten to the side caught Lucas' attention.

He crossed the street in a flash and walked up straight to a woman with her silver brief case.

"Oh, that is really cool looking, it's so reflective," Lucas said, staring at the face smiling back.

Lucas took a breath in; then almost fell backwards as his nose cringed.

"Gnarly!" he yelped, taking a step back. "Definitely up there on the list."

"Hey lady, what's in this weird case?" Lucas barked, head cocked slightly sideways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
Ink

avatar

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:27 pm

[Kantor City]

Cyan pauses and looks down at the little boy that had stopped to ask.  She blinks and then turns her entire body to face him.

Cyan: I am not authorized to provide that information.  The contents of this case are sensitive.

She stares at the boy mechanically and emotionlessly.  Her voice has a robotic quality behind it and it's like talking to a machine.  Meanwhile, Sabrina, who was well ahead by now, turns when she realizes that Cyan isn't right behind her.  When she sees the kid, she walks over to them with her hands in her lab coat pockets.

Sabrina: Cyan, is there a problem here, or...

Cyan: No, ma'am.  This boy wished to know the contents of the case.  I was just telling him that I am not allowed to share that data.

Sabrina: Uh-huh.  And who're you, kid?


Last edited by Ink on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
Ink

avatar

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:28 pm

Raven wrote:
Hasteriver Town:
The door swings open and the bell chimes. Out walks onto the sidewalk a young lady with long brown hair, a red shirt, burgundy skirt, and off-blue jacket. She was carrying a bag of culinary goods. Alchemy ingredients to be exact, but some regular groceries.

"There aren't any signs. Outta my way, feline brat, I'm done dealing with this delay."

Mara looked nearby to see a dog and cat fight so to speak. She quickly walked over to them.

Meanwhile Kinara is getting more annoyed at the outbursts of the little punk who ran into her.

"Don't make me run my spear through your hide next, lil' kitty," Kinara growled.

"Excuse me, is there an issue?" Mara questioned.

Kinara looked at her surprised, then returned her ears to the angered position.
"Yea this brat doesn't know how to maintain the value of a newly acquired beaver carcass." She said as she watched the other woman glance over her, the kid, and the beaver hide.

"I see. Well you don't need to worry about her anymore. She's with me." Mara said, moving one arm on the girl's shoulder, grip fairly strong, keeping her from running away.

"With you? Well at least someone is dealing with her."

Mara shifted her bags, before her eyes lit up.

"Ah, you're Kinara Hantsune, a huntress whose staying in town." Mara recollected. "My brother heard of you from his buddy at the tavern. You've done a fine job making a name for yourself. Usually it takes at least two years to win over the attentions of the men in this town. You did it in less than four months. Congrats."

"Yea sure, thanks. Men fork over the most money. So what are you gonna do about her?" Kinara said pointing to the kid. "She better not almost ruin my merchandise again. I have sales to make."

Both women looked down at the cat girl.

"Hmm, more cute than a Puella root," Mara said with a smile.
"Don't mind her, she's just rushing home now for I'm making dinner. She's just cranky from hunger. I got delayed because I ran out a major ingredient."

Kinara huffed. "Very well. I will be heading off then. But she better not mess with my fresh hunts in the future, or she's the next sale. Got it?"

"Of course. Enjoy your time in town." Mara said, leading K away.

After a few blocks separated them, Mara stopped walking and handed the girl a just purchased roll.

"I don't know what you're doing, but running into her again would be a mistake. If you want something more to eat, you'll follow me home for dinner." Mara said. She then continued her walk home


Lucas twitched his ear at this unanswered question, then rubbed his nose.

"You two are strange ladies. The name's Lucas. I'm the apprentice to the old man on Kinderah Avenue if that means anything to you." He said. Then while motioning the briefcase with the back of his hand he added, "so what's in this case?"

The lady in charge in the lab coat blinked at him. Lucas twitched his tail rightward impatiently.

"Don't tell me nothing. I know what air smells like. Even polluted city air. This ain't air. It's all cold and metal-y inside but there's a hint of natural crap that burns my nose. Like Norn sprinkles on a metal cupcake. Come on. What wierd gizmos are in this thing?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
Ink

avatar

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:29 pm

[Hasteriver]

The instant this stranger threatens K, her ears stand straight up.  The little thing races up and gets in the fox girl's face with a fire in her eye.  Then she hisses.

K: You want claw marks in places you didn't know you had, rover?

K didn't care how much she was dwarfed by anyone.  She didn't take threats well and took belittlement even worse.  Her tail whips around behind her as she practically stands on her toes to get on eye level with this woman.  Then they're interrupted.  "--She's with me."

Whoa, there!  Waitaminute!  Who the heck are you?!  I don't need any help!  This broad's asking' for it!  Le'me at her!

K retracts a bit when this new stranger intervenes and she appears to be taken off guard by the arrival.  "--At least someone is dealing with her."

K: I'll 'deal with' you, ya puffed up canine!

K gets ready to lunge with her claws but is held back.  "--She's just cranky from hunger."

K: CRANKY?!  Mreeow, I oughtta-!

When the woman gets ready to leave and threatens to make K her next sale, K immediately begins lunging at her before being held back, this time conceding her turning her back to Mara with crossed arms and puffing up one cheek.

I mean, I AM pretty adorable, but that chick was ASKING for it!  I should'a scratched her up GOOD.

Upon being led away and told that avoiding that woman would be advisable, K tunes Mara out entirely until she hands her the roll then starts talking about food.  K stands there and stares at her for a moment as she leaves.  Her arms are crossed and her face is pouty.  But then she looks at the roll in her hands and gives up, following Mara but keeping a distance away.

Meanwhile, toward the front gate of the town is a woman in a red cloak with burning red eyes, glowing golden locks, and the features of a goddess.  As she walks in, a beggar appears before her and she smiles warmly, dropping a few coins into his hat before proceeding toward the marketplace.


[Kantor City]

Sabrina looks at the kid, then at the case, keeping her hands in her pockets while Cyan stands there and stares mechanically at the child.

Sabrina: It's just some sensitive machinery used for research.  It'd bore you, kid.

Then Cyan's eyes flash red again and the city alarm starts going off.  Sabrina looks up to Cyan.  Following that, the sound of thunder tumbles over the city.  Everyone in the area looks up.  The barrier was pulsing as if something was hitting it from the outside...HARD.

Sabrina: What-?

Cyan: Alert.  Barrier stability has been compromised.  Now at 83%  Addendum.  Barrier Drive is no longer supporting the power crystal.

Sabrina: That isn't possible.

The councilors soon appear at the door, looking up at the barrier.

Councilor Garrick: I can see now, Bizra, that we were right to be skeptical in the beginning.  Magic and Science are not one in the same.  You cannot force fit one to benefit the other.  Using a magical Norn Artifact to power that machine of yours was never going to-

Sabrina covers Garrick's doubtful mouth for a moment, appearing to be taking the time to think.  Her mind races over a hundred ideas a minute, all while Cyan is giving her a status report on the barrier.

Sabrina: I can fix this.

Sabrina then abruptly runs off without looking back, Cyan following close behind.  Meanwhile, the barrier is rattling as monsters mass inside the so-called safe zone, ramming the barrier from the outside.

Sabrina: This isn't supposed to be happening.


Last edited by Ink on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
Ink

avatar

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Raven wrote:

I wanna try this script style. Seems kinda fun.

[hasteriver]
Mara walks home, only stopping to grab a quick spice from a shop just down the street. She notices the girl is keeping her distance. She opens the door into the restaurant and walks behind the mall lobby into the back kitchen. She places her groceries on the counter and starts cooking. Mara sweeps into preparing many different foods, quickly dicing vegetables and stirring meats. Mara sings softly while she works, taking a moment to hand a small piece of meat on the table for the girl before continuing with the vegetables.

Mara: Dear, could you please grab that spice I just bought from my bag?

Into the kitchen Mara's brother Aaron walks in and notices a new presence in the back kitchen.

Aaron: Sis, who's the kid?

Aaron has looks at the girl with an inquiring look. Mara glances up from the dish.

Mara: We are having a dinner guest tonight. Tell Emile too. I don't want him shooing her out. Food will be ready in seven minutes.

Mara goes back to singing while she continues cooking for her audience.



Still growling to herself, Kinara pridefully walks into the market. Shifting the beaver carcass on her shoulder, she sniffs the air.

Kinara: I smell a good deal coming.

Kinara heads over to the area she normally sets up shop. She gets out a blanket a lays it out. From the back of the market stalls, she grabs a table (not technically hers) and sets it out on the mat. The beaver is placed on it, and sprayed with a bit of Yoka Dust, a mineral from Kinara's homeland that better preserves a specimen and enriches its appearance to the buyer. Kinara puts the small bottle back in her cloak and sits, waiting for the right costumer.

Over a few minutes, several regulars try to purchase the beaver, but Kinara declines them all. No one seems to be making the best deal for such a rare kill.


[Kantor City ]

The barrier pulsing causes fear to spike through the area. Lucas kept twitching his tail as he listened to the one woman reporting the status with the city alarm going off.

Lucas: How would you know all that, lady? And why are your eyes red? Oh great, what does High Jerk want?

The whole city knows who the the councilmen are. The old man calls more than half of them 'pompus'. They're real annoying, though not as much as the alarm blaring in my ears.

Lucas had his hands over his ears to keep them from ringing less. However he still picked up a hint of what the fancy, panicking councilman was saying. After a moment, the lady in the coat fled and the glowing red eyed one followed.

Lucas: Hey, wait!

Lucas follows them before the councilman could make a comment to him. He sees them turn a corner. After another block he loses them, however Lucas takes a second to sniff the ground, then the surrounding air, picking up their scents. He cuts through a tiny alley nearby to the next street an other road. they were only about 20 feet in front of him. Lucas continues running, yelling as he went.

Lucas: Hey, that guy said you used a magical Norn artifact. I'm a mage's apprentice. Would you need my help?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
Ink

avatar

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:31 pm

[Attn: Hasteriver]

K stands in the back of the kitchen, nibbling on the roll she'd been given.  She sports a rather sour face, looking off to the side as if moping over being beaten at some grand event.  She can't hold that expression for long, though.  The instant her acute sense of smell catches the scent of the food, the girl's face lights up.  She tries, repeatedly, to remain mopey but she can't help it.  It was the best she could do to keep from melting on the spot.

Meow!  That. Smells. So. GOOD!  Food!  Gimme, Gimme!


[Attn: Kantor]

Sabrina doesn't even slow down.  However, she does look back to acknowledge him before turning to face ahead again.

Sabrina: If you think you can be of use, kid, then by all means, tag along!  Cyan, we need to be there yesterday!

Cyan: Understood, Professor.

Cyan pauses and suddenly some form of contraption emerges from her back.  It appears to be some form of glowing turbine.  The inlays along her sleeves, torso, and face light up bright blue.  She then takes Sabrina's hand and Luke's and before anyone can say or do anything, she takes off down the street, her feet not even touching the ground as she leaves clouds of dust in her wake.  They moved so fast that it felt like she might topple anything in her way.  Yet she avoided absolutely everything in her path with unbelievable precision.

They stop in front of the Barrier House where Sabrina built the device to maintain the city's main defense against the beasts from beyond the walls.  Sabrina isn't even rattled by the breakneck pace of the trip.  Cyan turns her loose and Sabrina rushes to the door.  It was sealed.  Cyan lets Lucas go and approaches the door, prying it open with her bare hands.  He eyes still flashed red, and now much faster.  Sabrina rushes inside the moment the door is open.


Last edited by Ink on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
Raven

avatar

Posts : 147
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22
Location : I am in the forest walking around...

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:34 pm

I'm posting on both places for right now because I don't know if the girl whose planning on being active plans on joining or not

[Hasteriver]
A few quick moments and the last of the course is taken out of the oven.

Mara: Dinner's ready.

Soon Aaron and Emile come into the kitchen while Mara sets the silverware. The full course meal takes up most of the table, its scent permeating the air. The family sits at the table.

During the course of the meal, Mara and her brothers discussed the happenings about the restaurant, making plans for the next week of business.

Mara make it clear that she does not want her brothers making their guest uncomfortable, so each time they (mostly Aaron) try to tease the young cat, Mara either gives them a dirty dagger-eyes glare or starts talking about new alchemy recipes she's thinking about.

Dinner is finished and Mara brings out a tray of brownies from the counter. She cuts pieces for everyone then starts on the dinner dishes.

To his brother, Aaron: You know, Sis sings so well, you'd know she wouldn't try screeching on top of a moonlit fence. No need for garbage picking.

Emile backhands his brother in the head.

Emile: Don't you have chefs downstairs to manage? I have to go through the bills tonight or it's your turn.

Placing hand on his head, Aaron: Yea you're right. I'll get going now. Thanks for a great dinner Sis.

Mara: Of course Aaron.

Aaron rushes out the door.

Aaron: Nice eating with you squirt. Come back sometime.

Emile hands the rest of the table plates to Mara leaves to do bookkeeping. Mara finishes the dishes.

[Kantor]
Lucas spins around a few times after being let go. He reorients himself by the time Cyan opens the door. Lucas follows them into the Barrier House towards a room.

The medium large room is filled with electronic devices galore, filling up each corner. In the rooms center is a large machine, with several blinking lights and levers. Lucas notices how the lights blink in sync with the lady he's taken to be called 'Cyan'. The sirens are fairly loud, giving further warning to the already red back-lighting.


Lucas looks up wide eyed.

Lucas: My furry tail.

_________________
What do you see reflected in the mirror?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ink

avatar

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:13 pm

[Hasteriver]

K's eyes widened and glossed over as she beamed down at the food on the table.  Her tiny little fangs twinkled as her mouth hung open in her awe inspired stare.  The moment it was announced that they could go ahead and eat, her ears perked upright and she got herself ready to rip into it before noticing the look she was getting from Mara.  She then began to eat in a...somewhat more civilized manner.  That didn't last terribly long, but she'd done it.

Now she sits in her seat, fully content and watching everyone else go on about their business.  Her ears twitch and perk up as she overhears Aaron.  Her face twists into an irritated glare and she starts glaring at him over her shoulder.  "Nice eating with you, squirt-"

K: SQUIRT?  Ya little runt, I ought'a-!

Suddenly, K catches a brownie in her hands and immediately pops the chocolaty treat into her maw.  Her face perks up into a satisfied smile and she calms down.

Yyyyyyyyum! Wha was I talkin' about?

Later, K bursts out through the front door after saying goodbye, rushing off down the street to get on her way back to her "home".  Suddenly, though, she bumps into the red-eyed blonde woman that was new to town.

???: Oh my.  Are you all right?

K lies there in the street, her eyes twirling.  She sees stars for a moment before springing up into a sitting position, holding her head.

K: Meouwch...

The woman notices K's tail and her head tilts.

???: Oh.  A zuman.  That's quite rare.  Here, allow me to help you up.

K: Thanks, lady, but I can help myself.

K picks herself up and dusts off before looking up into the woman's eyes.  K's own yellow eyes twinkle for a moment and she seems mesmerized.

???: Perhaps you could help me.  My name is Mel.  Do you know where the Mayor might be?  I checked his office and he wasn't in.

K: What, Butterball?  Check his vault in the middle of town.  He's usually in there, making out with his money.

Mel I see...thank you.

Mel then walks off, her hooded red pancho swaying as she steps.  K watches her disappear and gets ready to dart away again, stopping before she steps down on something.  There was a book in the street.  Her ears droop down and she picks it up, opening it.  She discovers that it's in some form of bizarre other language that, at first, her mind has no grasp of.  Yet, suddenly, something in her eyes clicks and she starts reading through it like a little computer.  There were only three full pages, but she races through it in seconds before slamming the book shut.

K: Whoa.

She looks around and runs off with it to her alley.  There she flips thumbs through the three pages.

K: Mel's Journal.  Day fourty-seven.  "I finally found the town that had what I was looking for.  My little quest should be over soon.  Now that I have the map, the Sun of Lore is in my reach."  WAIT!  The Sun of Lore!  That thing's LEGENDARY!  She's going after that?

K turns the book and violently shakes it until a folded piece of paper falls out.  Then she picks it up, unfolding it and looking it over.  It was blank...and yet...something nagged at her from the back of her mind.

K: Show me the Sun of Lore.

As if ink had been put to the paper, the map alters itself, drawing out a map of the entire region and then outlining a route before zooming in on K's current location.

K: Me-OW, this is awesome!  Whoa.  With this thing, I could be the greatest treasure hunter ever.  Gold, incredible finds, norn artifacts galore!

Then something occurs to K and her ears perk up before she looks back at the book.

K: And why stop there?

She then opens the page to where Mel had mentioned the Sun of Lore, a smile shaping on her face.  K sleeps well that night.  She curls herself up in her little makeshift bed, smiling as she uses the book as a pillow.  But the sleep doesn't last as long as she'd probably like.  She's instantly woken up by a combination of a powerful aroma entering her sensitive nose and a loud, ongoing roar catching in her sensitive ears.  It isn't until she gets up that she is alerted to what's happening.  The sound is too loud and too familiar.  But the smell is far worse.  It's the smell of ash.

Getting up and rushing out from her alley, she sees enormous pillars of smoke, filling the night sky.  Then she grabs the book, wraps it in a sheet, and takes off into town with it.  It gets worse as she gets closer to the center of the town.  More buildings were on fire than she could count, and they were all entirely engulfed.

K: Gods.


[Kantor]

Sabrina stops at one of the control panels and starts cycling through it.  The machine at the center of the room opens up, revealing the crystal in the center.  It has turned jet black and opaque.  Sabrina turns and runs over to the control panel in the center.

Sabrina: This isn't supposed to be happening...wait...how did Dave know I used a-

Cyan: Professor, I am detecting a spike in energy output from the device.  Alert. This output through the Barrier Engine has a 99.99% chance of generating a Negaton Effect Field.  Addendum.  This Effect Field will take the place of the barrier, encompassing the entire city.

Sabrina: You can't be serious.

Cyan: Warning.  Maximum Output Limit reached.  Overload Inevitable.  Recommend Immediate Evacuation.

Sabrina can hardly think straight right now.  She just looks back and forth between the control panel at her hands and the machine directly in front of her.

Sabrina: Before or after Negaton Feedback?

Cyan: After.  Alert.  Monster have breached the barrier.  Addendum.  Monsters appear to be in swarm formation, approaching the barrier chamber.

Sabrina: Cyan, you go hold them off.  Kid, cast a barrier over yourself.

Cyan nods and jets outside, her forearms expanding into a couple of large mortars as the jet-like pack extends from her back and the stabilizers from her heels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
Raven

avatar

Posts : 147
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22
Location : I am in the forest walking around...

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:00 am


[Hasteriver]

Late evening inside the tavern, many customers tonight. The waitresses hurry to each table, refilling drinks as needed. Kinara is spread out over a chair at a table with several guys. None of them fairly quiet.

???: Ah haha. Kinara you've made quite a sale today.

Kinara: Gee, thanks Swenson. I do my best.

Swenson: I'll say. Little Fox like you sure can find the big money. Ain't that right, James?

James: Truest words. I still can't believe you successfully trapped that Uberlonian beaver like no body's business.

Kinara: Just have to be one with nature to outsmart Her.

Kinara yawns and pushes back her chair.

Swension: What's the matter Kina, already turning it?

Kinara:If you must know I need more sleep for when I start a new hunt. Tonight in fact. I plan on hunting a few nocturnal creatures tonight.

James: Well enjoy yourself. Don't let the night air freeze your whiskers.

Kinara rolls her eyes as she makes her way upstairs to her room. She plops into bed, rolling her money bag in her hand for a few moments. She puts the money beside her pillow and staff before falling asleep.

A few hours later she wakes up for the next hunt. After preparing herself, she looks back into the room behind her.

Kinara: Why do I feel like I should?

Sighing she turns back around into the room to quickly pack up her few belongings. She leaves her payment on the bed then heads out into the night.


Once out of town and into the woods, Kinara finds her spot near the river to shelter her belongings in a tree. She wanders off in search of prey.

After not even an hour with only a small rabbit slayed, Kinara stops moving. There should be more wildlife around even if it is nighttime. She listens to her senses once again. Her ears pick up an immensely faint rumbling. Kinara questions her nose for a moment however. It is picking up wood that isn't the normal forest wood. It's dustier.

Kinara lowers her cloak's hood. She leaps into the nearby tree, grabbing on to the thick branches. She leaps again, climbs a little, leaps, climbs, swings under to find an easier route higher on the other side of the trunk. Reaching the top, Kinara looks out toward the horizon. Her eyes widen and a drop of sweat forms on her forehead.

Smoke and ash fill the air in toxic columns. Above forms a giant ominous cloud of despair; the blackest of ash, more black than an ink stone and obsidian. Below, one couldn't call it a city. The town was lit brighter than mid-afternoon. Flames spread across buildings and houses flickering with their power over flesh and stone. The center of town stood completely engulfed by the flame. Even the heat spread out. Each passing second the fire encases more material, burning into the night sky and emitting disaster.

As the wind shifts, Kinara catches a strong whiff of ash, and plenty of the burning materials; both manufactured and organic.

Kinara: Pray those fools get out.



***********************************************************
After the last customer for the night leaves, the restaurant locks up and the crew heads home.


Sometime in the middle of the night, Mara wakes to a bad tingle in her nostrils. She tosses for a moment in bed but never loses discomfort. She stops rubbing her eyes and pays attention to the air. The air feels dirty, and the room is not as black as it should be. Mara gets up and walks over to the window. She pushes open the shutters, looking out into the night. Looking ahead, Mara sees the disaster.

Smoke and ash fill the air in toxic columns. The entire city, each building was ablaze. Everything was engulfed in fire.
Mara: Burnt radishes.

Closing the windows, Mara runs back into the room. She yells at the top of her lungs to wake her brethren within the household. She takes half a minute to change out of her pajamas into her durable outfit and skips across the foot to put on her boots.

Mara: We should thank our lucky stars the house isn't near the city central. We'd be more crisp than fresh cut celery and not even worth placement on a platter.

She grabs the two alchemy books and wallet from her desk. Dashing downstairs, Mara yells again at her brothers. One of which fumbles with tying his pants completely on. Mara grabs her pouch of cooking utensils, the ones for traveling that are never unpacked except for cleaning. Mara wraps a scarf around her face to cover her mouth and nose. She slams open the back door and flees into the night.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Kantor]

Lucas watches as the two women struggle with order and preventing utter chaos.

He takes cue from the scientist. Using a spell mastered two years ago, Lucas says a Quick Spell recantation. A type of light surrounds Lucas, a form of a bubble, but not made of soap.

Lucas: Don't have to tell me twice. This is nuts.

The pressure in the air thickens and the rooms seems to tremble. Lucas braces himself.

_________________
What do you see reflected in the mirror?


Last edited by Raven on Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ink

avatar

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:20 pm

[Kantor]

Sabrina rolls up her sleeves and takes a breath.  She nods to herself after taking a moment to process whatever it was she was about to do.  Suddenly she reaches and grabs the power crystal at the core of the machine.  The shockwave rips through her body but she soldiers on, pulling on all of her might.

Outside, Cyan is holding back the approaching beasts, having activated "War Mode".  The mortars where her hands would otherwise be, fire off powerful sonic cannons and ballistics.

Sabrina continues to yank on the crystal, gritting her teeth and straining every muscle.  Then she feels a bit of give.  Seeing her chance, she pulls with all of the strength she can muster, pulling the gem free.  The instant it's loose, the shock throws her back across the room but she's got it.  Now she cradles it, holding it close to her.

The machine wouldn't be going into meltdown.  Now they had a different problem, however.  An opaque dome suddenly begins to materialize over the city and Sabrina isn't moving.  In fact, she's barely conscious.  While outside, Cyan's eyes flash and she senses this.

Cyan: Professor Bizra, emergency medical protocols.  Evacuation in progress.

Cyan ponders for a moment and turns, firing behind her as she races back to the barrier house, scooping up both Sabrina and Lucas before racing back off.  She analyzes the dome falling over the city.

Cyan: Calculation.  The opaque barrier falling upon the city is Negative Matter.  It is virtually impenetrable.  Estimated time until the city is completely sealed off - 15 seconds.  Estimated time to escape - 12 seconds.  Estimated number of peoples remaining trapped behind this dome once it has sealed off the city - approximately 21,830.

Sabrina: Too...many...

Cyan: Professor, please try not to speak.  You are not well.

Sabrina: Have to...find...Lore.
_______________________________________________________________________

[Hasteriver]

K manages to climb up onto one of the few rooftops not engulfed in flames.  However, she soon regrets the decision.  The unstable roof gives way beneath her and she falls, burning her arm in the process and lands hard in the street at the center of the town.  As she picks herself up, she sees something horrifying.  Mel stands there, breathing quite heavily over the charred remains of what could only be the mayor.

K: Y-you...

Mel hears K and looks up, seeing her across the street.  She then takes a breath before exhaling a plume of red hot flames in K's direction.  K gets herself up and dashes to safety, but by the time she can collect herself, Mel is gone.

K: Where-?

A loud rumble reaches out to K's ears and she turns around, seeing a building behind her collapse, made structurally unsound by the flames.  K wouldn't have time for this, here.  She turns and rushes off to get as far away from town as she could.

Eventually, K finds herself in the woods just outside of Hasteriver.  She turns and looks back over the burning buildings in the distance.  It was the only home K had ever known and now it was gone.  In sadness, her ears droop down and she stares at the red and orange light on the horizon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
Raven

avatar

Posts : 147
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22
Location : I am in the forest walking around...

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:00 am


[Hasteriver]

Fires burn everywhere, a city of inferno. The crackles of wood are drawn out by the roaring flames.

Mara races through the next torched street. Her scarf covers her face helping her to breath. Brothers Aaron and Emile follow their sister around the next bend. The pavement is covered with soot.

Emile's foot slides on a loose piece of cobblestone. He falls forward skinning a kneeing and straining an ankle. Aaron hears his brother's cry and looks back. The immediate instinct is reverse direction to his aid. Mara is several feet ahead when she glances back. She tries to make her way back.

A nearby building loses support and the side crashes into the street, effectively separating the boys from her. Mara slides to a stop before a fiery rubbish pile.

Mara: Hey! Are you two okay? How's Emile?

On the other side, Aaron helps Emile get to his feet. Emile places his arm over his brother's shoulder, using him as a crutch. Emile says something under his breath.

Emile: In pain.

Aaron rolls his eyes, then shifts his brother's weight on his shoulder.

Aaron: We're okay, but we can't reach you and the street won't reconnect for a while.

Mara: We should meet up in the forest. Down the path that has the 'Zuman' tree. The one shaped weird.

Emile: Sounds good. Just get going.

Mara: Good luck

The fires roared again. Mara sprinted back down the street, aiming for the town's edge.

Before too long, Mara exits the town boundary, emptying into the forest. Free from danger she slows down to a walk. Finally she stops as she catches her breath.  

**********************************************************************************************************
[Kantor]

Lucas yells as he is whipped through the air by Cyan. The city's dome dribbles as it decays into decimation. Lucas frantically glances at each dome boulder and back at Sabrina and Cyan.

Lucas: This is beyond crazy.

Lucas clings to Cyan's side, eager for her to fly them out of the dome. As sad as leaving everyone behind is, Lucas could not agree more the need for escape. He tries scrunching in his tail to reduce the wind resisteance for Cyan, in case they'd need to shave a single second.


_________________
What do you see reflected in the mirror?


Last edited by Raven on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ink

avatar

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:10 pm

[Forest]

K holds her burnt arm as she finally brings herself to turn away from her dying town. Picking up the map and the journal left behind by Mel when they first met, she slinks into the woods. The directionless child wanders for only a few steps before tripping up and falling flat on her face. She lies there and clutches the grass in her hands and squeezing her eyes as tightly shut as she can. But despite her efforts, they still give way to a fountain of tears.

K: Hey, c'mon, K. Get up. You don't have time to be a big baby! Get up! Get...get up, stupid! Please, get up...

She doesn't budge. She only lies there, having dropped her things. Eventually she might slip into the comfort of crying herself to sleep. She doesn't even notice as her ears twitch. Someone or something was nearby, but she continues to lie there, bawling her eyes out.

________________________________________________________________________________

[Kantro]

Cyan darts through the streets. She is easily the fastest thing in the city. The opaque dome falls at an alarming rate. As Cyan reaches the edge of the city, she can see where the dome will fall. She accelerates to the best of her ability, charging through monsters like a human-shaped missile. For a moment, it's touch and go on whether they'll make it. Fortunately, Cyan just cuts under the lowest point, making it out by inches as the dome completely encases the city.

She slows to an eventual stop. If she'd stopped instantly, she'd likely break the necks of her two passengers.

Cyan: Evasion Successful.

Dust settles as the dome seals itself with a mighty clang, as if it were made up of metal. Cyan then sets Lucas and Sabrina down, tending to her injured, barely conscious master.

Cyan: The Professor's condition is stable. Estimated time to full recovery, 7 hours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
Raven

avatar

Posts : 147
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22
Location : I am in the forest walking around...

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:18 pm

[Forest]
Mara heads deeper into the forest. She glances at the moon, barely visible behind the smoke.

Mara: It should be a lovely gibbous right now. A town with a history of over 60 years, all that culture and joy. My restaurant, my life's work, gone in an inferno as well.

She sits down on a nearby log. Staring back at the night sky, silent tears fall down her face.

* * * * * * * * * * *
Kinara wakes up from her makeshift tree canopy hammock. She stretches while yawning. She shakes her head to awake into alertness then bounces quickly up to a higher branch. Kinara smells the air. The air is saturated with soot and many other horrible burnt odors.

Kinara performs the gesture of the sun cycle. She takes her left hand from her right wrist, follows her arm to her shoulder, points on her forehead, then takes her right hand from her left shoulder to the wrist. The gesture for a safe passing from her home tribe.

She jumps back down the tree and gathers her things.

Kinara: Time for the next town I guess.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Kantor]
Lucas walked a few steps away from Cyan as she took to tending her master. Lucas tries walking but is so disorientated he finally decides to plop on the ground.

Lucas: *panting* That was not fun. Urgh. Headache.

He watches Cyan for a moment. He cracks his back and tail. Then Lucas does a quick heal spell on his arm harm for a few cuts from debris, and minor tissue repair spell on his neck. Finished, he looks over at the unconscious professor. He droops his ears and whines softly.

Lucas: Cyan, she is going to be alright, right? I mean between that crystal and the dome... Plus, she's clutching that crystal in her hands still.

_________________
What do you see reflected in the mirror?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ink

avatar

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:28 pm

[Forest]

K's managed to pull herself up and get moving.  She has no idea where to go or what to do with herself.  But all she can think to do is occupy herself to keep her mind off of everything that's transpired.  As she wanders, fighting through an injured arm and ankle, her ears twitch.  Someone drops down from a tree just in front of her.  She doesn't stop for a second, however.  She stares straight ahead, past the familiar fox girl as she wanders aimlessly further into the woods.

___

[Kantor Outskirts]

Cyan: Medical evidence suggests that she will be fine.

Cyan then pries the crystal from Sabrina's hands and picks her up.

Cyan: We should find shelter, however.  These conditions will only hinder her recovery.  And the likelihood of monster attacks outside of the protective barrier of the city is 57% higher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
Raven

avatar

Posts : 147
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22
Location : I am in the forest walking around...

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Tue May 27, 2014 4:29 pm

[Forest]

Minutes pass. Mara calms herself down, having gotten the fear and stress out of her system. The adrenaline slowly leaves her veins. She dries her eyes and takes a few deep breaths.

Mara: What a night. It's not even over yet.

Mara stands up and brushes the dirt off her pants. She glances all around, at the nearby trees, the stream, the direction she came from, and what's left of the stars in the smoky night sky.

Mara: From the little I can gather, I have about an hour's walk to the Zuman tree. The blazing chaos in the city...

Mara feels her gut tighten slightly. She takes another deep breath then grabs her bag from the log.

Mara: I'm a little off the most direct path. I'll have to cut back at where the river crosses the secondary trail if I want to see my brothers at the tree in a timely matter. I hope they're doing alright.

She walks over a tree's overgrown roots and past a large bush. Remembering everything kept in her travel bag, she grabs a small flashlight from an inner pocket and shines it in front of her. As she makes her way through the forest, she starts singing to ease her mind.


______

In the forest, Kinara picks up the scent of a person. She turns her head to see a small person walking past.

Kinara: Wasn't that just now that cat brat that bumped into me from the city that's a little too toasty right now?

Kinara shakes her head in disbelief. She starts to head her own way but stops and looks back to where the girl walked on. Her nose twitches. Blood. A small hint of blood. The girl was injured. Worse than just the limping Kinara saw.

Kinara: The brat won't get anywhere like that.

Biting her lip, She makes up her mind. She jogs through the forest floor, jumping over a few pricker bushes to the cat girl's location.

Kinara: Hey.

The girl ignores her. Kinara does a quick growl under her breath then leaps in front of her. Kinara extends her bo-staff out as a barrier when the girl tries to pass again.

Kinara: Hey I said. Hold it. You have any idea where you're going? Doesn't matter really, you can't get anywhere injured like that.

Kinara examines the girl, looking her up and down. Same cat ears and goggles as the one before. Same scent as well. Weird book in her hands. Arm's beat up, with a decent scratch in it. That's where the blood is dripping from. Clothes are full of soot. Ankle's swollen for sure.

Kinara: Scraped up good. Huh?

She thinks for a second.

Kinara: Alright. I'm taking your feline tail to a place for medical attention. Fairly close as well.

Not taking no for an answer, Kinara scoops the injured girl into her arms, possessions moved into her satchel.

Kinara: Quit squirming. I'll take care of you, just relax will ya? I know this Sylph that currently lives in a cottage in this forest. Don't you worry, I'll be as speedy yet gentle as I can.

Kinara decides after thirty feet to switch the girl to her back. Then she continues her way through the dark forest floor, chatting along the way.

Kinara: This Sylph. She's an interesting one. Nice lady; a little screwy though. But hey, she's up there in the years what can you expect. I should warn you, don't mention her age. That's a shorter fuse than me calling you a squirt. Not foxing with you.

Coming across a cliff, instead of following the long detour to the bottom, Kinara jumps to the large tree branches. The thick ones. She step stones til she can get back to the lower forest floor, trying to be considerate of her passenger.

Kinara: She's a great trapper though. Met her when I came into the area. Taught me a few tricks for furred creatures. See, I'm from a desert, I used to always hunt reptiles, so I was itching for some advice for forest animals. Remember the carcass from the market mishap in town? She's the one that told me about that rare giant beaver in the area.

The huntress jumps over a few more pricker bushes.

Kinara: *whistles* Oh was she pissed when she learned I captured that beaver instead of her! *laughs* Was trying to get one of those things for three decades. Bought it right off of me, for a bigger price than I was expecting. Hunters have a weird respect for each other, I guess.

The girls travel for a few minutes in silence. Up ahead, Kinara sees up a hill a wooden building half built inside a tree. The ferns were overgrowing and the walls were covered in moss and lichen. There was a light in the window, a good sign even for this late in the night.

Kinara: Hey girlie, see the place? She lives right in there. I know she'll have something more than me to fix you right up.
______

[Kantor Outskirts]

Lucas: Um let's avoid the monsters, shall we?

Lucas gets a few drops of sweat down his face and his tail twitches in anxiety. He picks up the last of their things lying in the grass.

Lucas: Alright Cyan. Use your sensor thingies to find us shelter. Lead the way, I'll be right beside you.

_________________
What do you see reflected in the mirror?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DuskCorruption

avatar

Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Wed May 28, 2014 12:38 am

[Forest]

huff* puff* Gale plants his palm against the rocky hillside gasping for air. Taking a few more breathes he takes a knee. Placing his hand on his glasses he brushes the rim in a particular fashion. The harsh darkness of night is replaced by bright green outlines detailing everything within his sight. He looks far behind him, no bright greens representing the fire of torches so Betilda’s angry father and his company must of given up the chase.

Placing his hand to his head he thinks to himself. Who knew her father was the captain of the guard. Maybe I should’ve listened better... but alas thus is the curse of being a desirable man. "Can't be tied down to one fair dame", Gale jests with himself before climbing the small hillside. Reaching the top his eyes are assaulted by a brightness he could never fathom and while quickly removing the glasses he releases a small gasp, "Hasteriver". Miles in front of him blazes a towering inferno, devouring the sad town in it's midst. Heaving his rifle on his back Gale tears off towards the town, energy returning to his once exhausted body.

[Hasteriver Ouskirts]

After running for what seemed forever Gale arrives on the edge of the city. People are evacuating in droves and all he can do is listen to horrible sobs of loss and desperation as he weaves closer to the city gates and the inferno. Suddenly a woman leaps at him clinging to his uniform, crying heavily. She points at the guards by the gate aiding evacuation and the few words she gets out allows Gale to piece together her dilemma. Her children have been lost in the chaos and the guards will not let anyone re-enter the city. Setting her aside he bolts for the gate, a guard moves to intervene but moves as Gale shows his rifle with its insignia of his prior military order. Once inside Gale starts moving frantically towards the building the woman detailed, smoke already envelops the entire area. Amidst the chaos in a small gathering point between several buildings he spots the 2 children. A small girl stands holding her even smaller baby brother in her arms crying amidst the flaming world, buildings crumble and screams can be heard over the cracking of the fire. Running towards them Gale slides through the center not wanting to lose momentum, reaching his arms around them both, heaving them towards himself, his rifle slides on its strap and scraps the ground. Before he can catch his breathe his body moves on autopilot. His mind is racing and he cannot make out anything, the smoke is burning his lungs, but his body continues and before he can fully comprehend the horror before him he is at the gates, the children released to their mother and guards assisting him to a tree to rest against... sleep comes easily.

The town slowly burns before him it’s cracking lullaby sings to him it’s horrid tone. Taking up his rifle he begins to stand, most of the survivors have begun to travel towards the next town. Gale begins to take to the road, heaving Glare over his back when he hears an argument.

Brother 1: Just go without me, I can make it just fine.

Brother 2: I can't, your leg is either broken or useless, either way you can't be on your own. Mara will be just fine, she's resourceful enough.

The two look over at gale who begins to move towards them.

Gale: Can I help you with something? You seem disposed to leaving?

After a brief discussion Gale is informed of the duos missing sister, Mara. They seem worried for her but if the one goes to locate her he risks losing his brother to his injuries. They offer what little coin they have but Gale cannot take money from those who have just lost so much. He gathers enough information to figure out their meeting location in the woods and begins to follow a small path they pointed out. As he reaches a peak he looks down as the two have begun to make their way towards the next town, he looks once again towards the burnt city and closes his eyes. He touches his glasses turning on the night vision.

Gale: What the hell is a Zuman Tree?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ink

avatar

Posts : 228
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Thu May 29, 2014 12:30 am

[Attn: Forest]

K stood there, staring at Kinara as she stood in the way.  A tremble shoots up her entire body as she's abruptly scooped up, off of her feet, starting from her ankle.  Needles.  Thousands of stabbing little needles had just shot her in the leg.  It was the only explanation.  Tears of pain fill her eyes and she starts to fidget.

K: MmmmmmEOW! Le'me go! I don't need your stink in' help! I can go on my own! I said put me down! I mean it! I'll scratch your face off! Le'go le'go le'go!

Later she continues to squirm, albeit quietly, until Kinara tells her to stop.  She stares blankly ahead as Kinara unloads on her.  She glares up at her when she hears the "squirt" line and returns to passive listening.

GODDESS! Shaddup! I don't wanna hear your exposition!

Thankfully, the rest of the way is spent silently, until they reach their destination.

___

[Kantor Outskirts]

Cyan: Of course.

Cyan suddenly lifts Lucas, placing him atop her shoulders, before lifting Sabrina, cradling her in both arms, then entering flight-mode and slowly hovering towards the nearest structure. A cave rests not far from Kantor, luckily. After setting down her passengers, Cyan manages to singlehandedly seal the entrance with a boulder, arming herself to defend from anything that may come from deeper in the cave.

In a matter of short hours, Sabrina is coming back around, sitting up against the cavern walls.

Sabrina: Ow...

She shakes her head and looks around.

Sabrina: Oh. Right. End of civilization as we know it. Okay, where are we at, Cyan.

Cyan: We are currently in a small cavern near the city.

Sabrina has Cyan remove the boulder so she can see, for herself, what's happened. She gazes into the distance at the enormous, opaque dome over the city.

Sabrina: Goddess.

Cyan: Life will only be sustainable in this environment for a maximum of 18 months, given the city's minimal natural resources.

Sabrina: Well, that's a blessing, at least. It gives us time to fix...

Suddenly Sabrina notices the kid.

Sabrina: Cyan?

Cyan: It was the most logical option. He stands a much higher chance of surviving with us, than if he'd been left in the city.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
EonArashi

avatar

Posts : 99
Join date : 2014-02-03
Age : 24
Location : In the darkness of my mind...

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:25 pm

[Forest Cottage]

Aeris is just getting ready to set out hunting when several hard knocks come from her door.

Aeris: Odd... who could that be?

The air shifts at her whim, bringing the scent of desert wind and Doquilla flowers to her nose, as well as fur and flame.

Aeris: That fox girl who I hunted with a while back... and someone else. Oh! I do love company, so I suppose hunting can wait.

She skips over to her door, opening it with a wide smile.

Aeris: Hello, Kinara dear! Please, come in! And introduce your new friend.

Kinara, with an amused huff, calmly points out to Aeris that her "friend" is bleeding, burned, and has a dislocated ankle... all of which seemed to slip past the sylph's mind.

Aeris: Ehehehe... whoops? Ah, please set her down on the bed, dear. I'll fix her ankle first...

The Sylph bustles around, gathering salves and such from various drawers, as well as a wooden spool. She quickly turns and holds it out to the cat girl.

Aeris: Bite on this. It'll keep you from biting through your tongue or cracking your teeth when I put your ankle back into place.

She turns away, prepping several bandages with the salves, and not even watching whether or not the cat girl puts the spool in mouth.

Aeris: Alright, now then.

She quickly and firmly grasps the girl's leg and foot, and none-too-gently pops the joint back into place, receiving a loud screech of pain.

Aeris: Oh dear, I'm sorry about that. I didn't-

Aeris then ducks backwards as a clawed hand swipes at her face. As she feels a trickle of blood drip down her cheek, her eyes turn frosty and she glares menacingly at the girl.

Aeris: That was extremely rude.

She then whips up a small gust of wind and flicks the girl in the forehead, propelling her head back into the wall with a muted thump and knocking her out cold. Aeris blinks a few times, then turns to Kinara.

Aeris: I suppose I don't really know my own strength.

She shrugs.

Aeris: Mind helping me patch her up, dear?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raven

avatar

Posts : 147
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22
Location : I am in the forest walking around...

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:15 am

[Kantor Outskirts]

Lucas lowers his ears and whines softly.

Lucas: I'm sorry. It's not like I can exactly head on home.

Suddenly, the back of his mind remembers a few recent events at home. His sister Lucita's recent accomplishment. Him not being at home but living as an apprentice. Parents scolding him for not working hard enough. If this wasn't a dangerous situation, he wouldn't miss home anyway right now. However, his thoughts return to the present.

Lucas: I'd offer to be your assistant but I know your nice robot is already perfect at that. I'm just a kid, but I promise I'll try to be useful for letting me stay with you. *softly* I know some magic at least.

Lucas's stomach makes a low growl. His face reddens and his tail twitches frantically.

Lucas: Sorry. I'm on empty.

__

[Forest]

After her trek, Mara arrives at the her destination. Before her stands in half a meadow the Zuman tree. It's actually a larger Apotok tree, almost like Oak mixed with a Maple and Birch. Mara and her brothers always thought that the way the trunk formed looked like a mammalian Zuman at play. Plus the branches were always fun to climb in.

Mara: I know the boys would be moving more slowly, but I still didn't think I'd get here first. Maybe there's some vegetation I can use for a new recipe.

Clearly trying to ignore her thoughts on the fire destroying her home, she looks around the nearby sides of the tree in the meadow, running her flashlight everywhere. When Mara starts thinking about a recipe, she typically forgets anything else anyway. She spots a small patch of mushrooms. They are cream with blue horizontal stripes. The stripes don't go all the way around, as such the mushrooms are only mimicking the poisonous versions that include the full rings.

Mara: Hmmm. If Emile was here, he'd tell Aaron "Don't eat the mushroom!"

Mara laughs at her inside joke and gathers the small fungi. Then she moves closer to the tree. Mara picks a bit of the Scorpion grass by the trunk. Always good for cooking and alchemy. She continues to sing as she plans her next change at cooking.

__

[Forest Cottage]

Kinara: Yea sure. Whatever you say, Aer.

Kinara grabs a few of the bandages. She stares at the unconscious cat girl and flicks her tail in thought. Actually don't remember if she has a tail lol

Kinara: Maybe we should wake her up? You did really blow her away. ... Nah, she'll try to claw us again.

She puts down the bandages to better position the patient on the bed.

Kinara: Let's wait with the smelling salts until we at least bandage the worst of her wounds. I bet food would wake her up too.

_________________
What do you see reflected in the mirror?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DuskCorruption

avatar

Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:34 am

[Forest]

Gale continues his journey through the woods, every detail popping to life thanks to his glasses. He can see a bright spot in the distance, a light of some sort is being waved about. As he shifts his direction towards the beacon he lets his mind wander at this time thinking his ascent up the small hill to be no trouble.

[Past Battlefield]
Young Gale (panicked): Captain, I have the shot, if I use the diamond round I can tear him apart, no more deaths, no more war. The patrol is coming what's the call?!?
Captain (calm): Our objective was to find the leader, nothing else... he may not kill everyone in this village. We have to go regroup now. Hurry along grunt.
Young Gale looks down the scope. The dictators head is surrounded by lines, the crosshair is perfect. No wind, nothing but the homes surrounding him so no obstacles. Just a slight pressure and all the horrors end, the nightmare is finished. Young Gale takes a breathe and...........


[Current Time Forest]

Gales walk comes to a halt, the hill ends in a small cliff side maybe 8-10ft. from the ground in which the strange warped tree stands. The beacon from the girls flashlight illuminates what seems like a patch a mushrooms which she's intensely studying. Gale releases a small smirk as he thinks to himself.

Gale (in his head): "Well well well, the lost sister, and might I say, lovely sister. Maybe I could just sit here and watch her pick some mushr... no, not now. This isn't the time or place. But my my, I pictured a more defenseless girl, not this full grown and might I say wonderful product of fine breeding. Mmmmm... damnit not again, ok serious, you're here to help her, not woo her. But alas could it not be both... hmmm I guess let us jump to her rescue and see where the wind takes us."

Gale stands releasing a few rocks and dirt from the edge making a small sound of cascading rocks down the small hill.

Mara hears this and quickly points the flashlight at the source, illuminating Gale.

Gale releases a small squeak as the glasses in night vision mode multiply the intensity of the light tenfold and his balance gives out. Down the hill in the most unhandsome of ways his body descends, until finally stopping in a pile of strange smelling mushrooms. His glasses at a half tilt on his head and jacket pulled all the way up behind his back still clinging to dirt and rocks from the fall. He looks up at the shocked maiden.

Gale (in his head... again): "I can make this work, I can make this work, say something. (Gale proceeds to point a half raised finger at Mara) I said say something not do something, oh god she's confused, and looking at us. Go for it, now or never, your smoothest pickup line."

Gale: "Ow"

Gale (in his head): "Ah D*&#@!, you suck man."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EonArashi

avatar

Posts : 99
Join date : 2014-02-03
Age : 24
Location : In the darkness of my mind...

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:09 pm

[Kantor Outskirts]

Kirei Katsugiya stares out at the dome over the nearby city of Kantor that seemed to swallow the light around it. He feels a faint flicker of worry, knowing that was where his contact resided, before shaking it off. He knows Sabrina Bizra fairly well, and knows that she would never be trapped by such a thing, especially not with Cyan assisting her.

Kirei: ...it should be fairly easy to track her down. Cyan's methods of travel leave pretty distinctive marks.

That thought in mind, Kirei scours the wasteland, finding a set of scuff marks that travel over a hundred yards in the ground a short distance away. He follows the sets of tracks leading from the scuffs, two of them, to a blocked-off cavern. Monsters paw at the stone outside, but they have no success at breaking through. One of the beasts notices Kirei, letting loose a howl, thus alerting its fellows to the sight of fresh prey.

Kirei: Tch. Fine then.

He whips out a pair of pistols, aiming them straight at the midst of the oncoming pack of beasts.

Kirei: Enforce- Accel!

Kirei reinforces his legs with magic, dashing forward at speeds usually associated with a car and flanking the twisted bodies in front of him before firing a barrage of bullets. Three creatures fall within the first five seconds, then Kirei dashes in close and kicks a fourth in the jaw, breaking its neck with a sick crack. Two more leap for him, but he drops into a roll and barrels out of the way before snapping up and filling them with lead before they can hit the ground.

Kirei (thinking): Four left. Two are more patient, most likely the pack leaders. The other two will attack first, one slightly before the other. No time to reload the Glocks. Not worth wasting the Contender. Using my knife is risky. Kurtz it is, then.

He holsters his pistols, back-stepping out of range before drawing his snub-nosed submachine gun. The first two chase after him, but he lets out a fast barrage of bullets at the first monster, ripping it apart as the second leaps over its fallen brother. He allows it to land on him, but rolls backwards and uses its own momentum to kick it off before spinning around and firing a quick burst into its stomach, leaving the thing to flail on the ground as it dies. The last two rush in, each taking a different side to split his fire.

Kirei (thinking): Smart, but too slow.

Instead of backpedaling, he rushes forward, placing himself between them and blasting the one on the right with the last of his ammunition. The last creature, larger than the others with a scar blinding one eye, snarls and leaps to kill him. Smoothly tossing the gun aside, Kirei pivots and slams his knife, hidden in his right hand, into its side and pinning it to the ground as it dies.

With a sigh, the victorious mercenary stands up, calmly collecting his discarded gun and reloading his weapons with brisk efficiency. He then walks over to the boulder, knocking twice on its surface before speaking the pass-phrase he'd established with Cyan for emergencies loudly and clearly.

Kirei: Black iris, white lily.

And then, he waits.

***

[Forest Cottage]

Aeris: Put some of that salve on the back of her head, would you Kinara? We don't want the poor dear waking up with a headache. Then she'll only be even brattier.

The sylph takes out an apple from her pantry, splaying her fingers across its ruby skin before drawing them up with a whisper of air, cutting it into six equal chunks. Another wave of her hand, and the pieces that make up the core are shorn away.

Aeris (thinking): It appears that my powers are responding correctly for the first time in a while. I wonder how long it will last this time?

Aeris turns, popping a chunk of apple into her mouth before pulling out her blades for skinning and preparing meat, then stepping outside.

Aeris: I'll be outside, cooking dinner. Feel free to munch on the apple if you're hungry. I'll make enough for all three of us.

She steps out to the fire pit, starting up a fire with a few sparks from the flints nearby, then fanning it with a directed breeze from her wind powers. A quiet crashing sound gathers her attention, but she quickly disregards it, instead focusing on cutting up a deer she'd killed earlier.

Aeris: Whoever or whatever that was, they'll see the fire. If it's an animal or a monster, they'll stay away. If it's a person, they'll investigate. Either way, it works out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raven

avatar

Posts : 147
Join date : 2014-02-02
Age : 22
Location : I am in the forest walking around...

PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:23 am

OMG my turn, yay! Why am I overly excited about this?


[Kantor Outskirts]

Lucas: We probably won't be able to get anything to eat with those monsters outside will we?

Lucas stops as his ear twitches. He turns his attention to the boulder Cyan placed to block the door. His tail flicks with confusion.

Lucas: Um... why would the monster growls I kept hearing outside get louder, turn into whines, and now vanish?



[Forest]

Upon shining the flashlight at the noise, Mara sees a male figure fall down the small cliff side. She turns her head away at the sound of the impact. The rocks settle in the night air. She shines her flashlight back over the figure now at the bottom of the cliff in a not so pretty collision with the dirt.

Mara: Oh dear. It's a man. I must've blinded him.

She hurries over to him, stumbling for a second over a rock in the surrounding darkness.

Mara: Oh. Sir. I'm so sorry. Are you alright?

There isn't an immediate response. Mara bites her lip gently in anxiety. Her ears pick up a low grumble of a noise. The man raises a pointed finger at her. The only following audible sound was a meek "ow". Mara takes a deep breath trying to figure out what to do next. She glances off to the side and sees the glows of a light over the hill.

Mara (thinks): A glow? Must be a fire. *shudders* Not that I need any more fire for one night. Still that should mean there's a person that can help.

Mara offers her arm to help pull the man slowly onto his feet.

Mara: It was my fault you fell wasn't it? I should help at the very least. I'd need better light than my small flashlight to find and fix any injuries. I think there's a fire nearby. Let's see if that person has any medical aid on them as i have very minimal.

She glances up and down the man, examining all she can in the night shadow. She sees some discoloring of bruises.

Mara: Sir, do you think you can walk?


[Forest Cottage]

Kinara: Yea sure, less bratty would be swell. Salve you said? Is it this one?

The fox girl brings a green pink bottle down from the shelf. She uncorks the bottle and takes a sniff before rearing back her head in disgust.

Kinara: Yep. That's the one.

She dips the salve on the tips of her fingers and places the bottle back on the side table. Kinara uses her clean hand to pull the back of the hood and goggles away from the hair and rubs the salve in on the back of the unconscious girl's head. She hears Aeris mention making food outside, and the apple offer.

Kinara: Alright. Thanks Miss 'Wind Goddess'.

Kinara finishes applying the ointment then recaps the bottle. There is a numbness in her abdomen. She grabs an apple slice, immediately crunching on the sweet fruit. She snatches two more and sits on the end of the bed. Kinara rests her arm loosely on her knee with her leg propped on the bed. She stares at the cat girl in thought while chewing her second apple slice. Her eyes dart to the salve, then back at the girl. Kinara leans back slightly as her eyes and ears perk up.

Kinara: Ha. I bet with this stuff we don't even need to dig out the smelling salts.

With her free hand, Kinara grabs the salve bottle again, uncorks it, and waves it under the cat girl's nose.

Kinara: Wakey wakey Kitty Kat. I got an apple for you.

_________________
What do you see reflected in the mirror?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun   

Back to top Go down
 
Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» NPC's: Wishful Thinking
» Did these two poems remind you of Loren and Zoey
» Thinking cap time
» Voyage 1 (Bare Fist Pirate) (Open to All, Marines, and Pirates)
» So I'm thinking 8w7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forgotten Athenaeum  :: The Stage :: Roleplays :: Action/Adventure-
Jump to: