The Forgotten Athenaeum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 47 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:55 am
Latest topics
» Kingdom Hearts: Reflections
Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 6:17 pm by Seek

» Brave New World (Cities, Attributes and Environments)
Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 5:28 pm by Raven

» Brave New World (Characters and Races)
Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 5:28 pm by Raven

» Wishful Thinking OOC
Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 9:07 am by Ink

» Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)
Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 12:10 pm by Ink

» Wishful Thinking: Sun Voyage
Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 11:10 pm by Ink

» Eon's Review Corner
Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 11:46 pm by EonArashi

» Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun
Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 12:39 am by Alisaur2

» Fate/Breakdown Discussion Thread
Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 3:58 pm by EonArashi

Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
EonArashi

EonArashi

Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 8:01 pm

Yeah, I get that. It just seems like there's more curl than there should be. The image in the earlier post with Lassy and K seems like a much better picture to me, although it really just shows her face.
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 8:05 pm

I don't think it's any curlier. I think it's supposed to be getting kinda blown upward for dramatic effect. Seeing as she doesn't have a cape or anything for that. And there's only so much that can be done with her sash. Of course, I also happen to really like curly hair. So I could just be biased.
Back to top Go down
http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 10:00 pm

Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 K11Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Sabrin11
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 2:05 pm

Just so we're in the know, even though this is a long ways off, I've been working on the world building aspects and stories of the Vangelon stuff and a lot of the Monster Control pieces have been largely revamped. A few characters are no longer there, etc. More details on that later.
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 1:22 am

Also just modified things with the Norn. It doesn't affect much at present, but now Lassy's Gunsabre and Synn's Lightning Lash are Norn Treasures, rather than artifacts... meaning they now have their basis in Magic, rather than science.
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 4:11 pm

World's Greatest Pirate:
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 5:55 pm

Not sure what to do about WT at present. I think by now a turtle, a snail, and a rock would have lapped it. It's been nearly 3 months and we can't effective do much of anything at present. Don't really want to start from square one... again. For the time being I'm probably gonna make a time-killing sandbox sci-fi RP on USA, but I'm at a loss for what to do with this. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Hello,

All right. I think that's long enough. New mandate.

-We will not be waiting longer than 2 weeks for people, anymore. If you can't post in that time frame, you will be skipped.
-If inactivity persists for thee passes over your turn, your character will be taken over until you can return to play.
-If you drop the RP, your character will be written out.
-Starting this Friday, the RP is picking back up. I'll be posting to it and moving things along.

This mandate is being made to prevent half-year pauses from occurring again.

Thank You,
Ink
Back to top Go down
EonArashi

EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 9:47 pm

Posting Ink's bio for J, and updated bio for Vector.

Ink wrote:
General
*Name: J
Nickname(s): ...her name is one letter.
*Alignment: N/G
*Party: K
*Species: Zuman-Fox
*Appearance(Image):
To Be Added w/ Official Artwork

Traits
*Preferred Weapon(s): Sun Sceptre, Staves of any variety
*Skills: Mercantile negotiation, staff combat, unarmed combat, surroundings adaptation, medical expertise, fishing, hunting, organization, monetary management, giving advice
Abilities: Being a Zuman-Fox, J possesses an incredible degree of immediate speed and agility.  She can out-pace K and out-bench Lassy (without their enhancements, not with them).  She is also has vastly superior senses, particularly smell. Though her sense of hearing isn't as acute as K's.
Affinity: Zuman Affinity
*Experience Level: Intermediate
Item(s): None
Norn: The Sun Sceptre is a Norn Treasure that presumably has a connection to the Sun of Lore, itself.  The full spectrum of its abilities is unknown. However, J has been known to use it to cast nigh impenetrable wards and healing spells far and away more impressive than any conventional healing magic. She can also fire beams of some form of light energy at varied intensities.

Personality
*Dislikes: Unknown
*Fears: Unknown
*Values: Hard work, personal ideals, hospitality
*Bad Habits: J is absentminded to a fault at times, often getting lost in her own head
*General Personality: While not purely apathetic, she is so aloof, most of the time, that it can be mistaken for being uncaring or flighty.  She seems to possess a very tempered emotional impulse, doing everything with a rather blank expression and hardly any vocal inflection.  However, she has revealed herself, on several occasions, to be very wise.  She'll often give K or other members of the party, advice, speaking in faux-proverbs that, while odd, often suit the situation.
Trademark: Frequently popping up in various towns, each time with a different occupation. Popping up out of nowhere, speaking wisdom in her faux-proverbs.

Background
Brother(s): An unnamed older brother
Sister(s): None
Mother: Unmentioned
Father: Unmentioned
Non-Immediate Family: Unknown
Back to top Go down
EonArashi

EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 9:49 pm

Ink wrote:
General
*Name: Vector
Nickname(s): N/A
*Alignment: Lawful/Evil
*Party: N/A
*Species: Zuman-Beetle
*Appearance(Image):
Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Untitled_drawing_by_voyager18-d7r69bm

Traits
*Preferred Weapon(s): Vector CAN use pretty much every conventional weapon known to man, melee or otherwise. Of them he PREFERS dual wield swords, axes, mauls, etc. However, his go-to combat method is unarmed.

*Skills: Master Tactician and Strategist, Combat Prowess, Expert Martial Artist, Wordsmith, Leadership, Vector is either some kind of psychic or possesses such an acute combat sense that he can predict the actions of opponents well before they make them and counter them expertly.

Abilities: Vector's armor is all a biological carapace that is incredibly durable.  Even his actual skin is tougher than most.  Therefore, Vector is incredibly strong and resilient.  Vector can also cling to vertical surfaces and upside-down, meaning that his power does not, at all, come at the sacrifice of stealth. It also doesn't sacrifice speed, as his leg muscles are, like the rest of him, highly developed, allowing him to far exceed the speed of your typical human. In short, Vector is a pillar of physical might. But not only that. He is also magically adept, making particular use of teleportation magic and Earth magic. Somehow, Vector is impervious to status-related ails and elemental damage. How he achieves this is unknown. But it goes hand in hand with his philosophy pertaining to weakness. Simply put, Vector is the nigh-immovable object, whereas Mel is a nigh-unstoppable force.
Affinity: Zuman Affinity
*Experience Level: Adept+
Item(s): None
Norn: Vector presumably carries no Norn Items.

Personality
*Likes: His job, making the weak squirm, manipulating his enemies, hunting his targets, a good fight.
*Dislikes: Weaklings, repeating himself, failure, humans
*Fears: Death
*Values: Strength
*Bad Habits: Ego
*General Personality: Vector is ruthless and blunt.  He places great value in strength, admiring those who surpass their limitations to achieve the strength they need to achieve their goals.  He is also very cunning, and likes to study his surroundings, opponents, and situations carefully.  To him, everything is a competition of strengths.  Whose strength in a particular category won out over the other?  This perspective has soured him, however, to those who are weak, believing them to hold society back.  Therefore, they will step aside or be eliminated.  He views death as the ultimate weakness, and fails to understand why anyone would risk death for those weaker than him. That said, Vector is not a violent man, at least not inherently.  Vector's approach in battle is very thought out and methodical.  Usually preferring to test his enemies a bit before fully engaging them.
Trademark: N/A

Background
Brother(s): Unknown
Sister(s): Unknown
Mother: Unknown
Father: Unknown
Non-Immediate Family: Unknown
*History: Vector first appears in Agrabah, where he seems to take an interest in the activities of Sabrina's party.  He gives a brief speech to Sabrina on strength of the Zuman People when compared to the Human Race.

Following this encounter, Vector appears throughout the adventure as an antagonist to Sabrina's party.  He appears to have a number of missions to concern himself with and Sabrina's group often gets in the way of them, much to his own entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 2:20 am

So seeing as you wanna start over, Eon, were there any things you wanted to do in terms of working with your characters or revising stuff? Weaving them more into the actual plot? Also, any suggestions that may come to mind before I just start revamping?
Back to top Go down
EonArashi

EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 6:11 pm

Nah, I'll just see where you take things. I do plan to have Kirei meet up with Sabrina and Cyan before they leave Kantor City.
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 6:22 pm

M'kay. Well, I have some time now, so I'll see about having something done by tomorrow evening.
Back to top Go down
EonArashi

EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 6:52 pm

Take your time, if you need to. I'm not in a big hurry or anything.
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Eh. I have literally nothing to do until Wednesday, when I'm gonna go see the new special edition of Iron Giant with mi madre. I'm through with school 'til January. Quick question, though, how do you now intend to introduce Aeris? A thought that really just occurred to me.
Back to top Go down
EonArashi

EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 8:40 pm

Erhm... I suppose jumping in where I did in the first run won't work as well. Well, she is a fur trader. She could be making a run to sell some pelts, or to stock up on supplies, and then run into Kitty on her way through Hasteriver.
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 8:42 pm

M'kay. Just wanted to know since K's side of the story is more or less identical to how it was before. The only change there's been to that since last time is that Mel has more screen time this go around before disappearing.
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 1:13 pm

So in case I haven't explained what this is, yet (as it is a very important element of the Vangelon Universe but added after the original RP began its run) here's some of the information on Harmonite.

What is Harmonite?
Also known in some regions as “Spirit Quartz,” Harmonite is a unique mineral that is most commonly found in Grandus.  It is a type of crystal with a strange sensitivity to Spirit Energy, making the rocks capable of absorbing it in raw form out of anything else around it and taking on its traits.  Usually Harmonite is found in abundance in one type, due to large concentrations of a particular type of Spirit Energy where it is found.  There are veins of it, however, in which numerous types can be found. Blank Harmonite - Harmonite that is dormant and hasn't absorbed any spirit energy - is incredibly rare and valuable due to its ability to be activated and made to absorb whatever form of spirit energy the holder would want. This service is typically offered by mages as they have the ability to manipulate spirit energy, thus dictating the type that the client wants.

Standard Types of Harmonite
• (Electricity) Thunder Rocks
• (Earth) Spirit Sand
• (Fire) Lava Crystals
• (Water) Rain Stones
• (Air) Sky Stones
• (Beasts) Wilder Rocks
• (Plants) Forest Gems
• (Ice) Icicle Shards

What is Harmonite used for?
Because of its unique properties, Harmonite’s most popular use is to be ground into powder and used as an ingredient in a number of alchemic mixtures to grant potions and other such concoctions special effects.  These effects vary based on the type of Harmonite and how much is used.  Most, if not all Norn Elixirs include Harmonite of some variety as a key ingredient.

Aside from alchemic use, Harmonite is also used to enchant items.  This, however, requires the use of an enchanter, a skilled mage who can activate the spirit energy within the crystal and awaken whatever magical effects it may have, then bind the crystal to a weapon or item of their or their client's choosing.

On the scientific side of things, Harmonite is often used as a power source.  Thunder Rocks are often used in machines to grant power to large areas.  Lava Crystals are used in machines meant to provide heat.  Icicle Shards and Sky Stones are used in machines to provide cool air, etcetera.  While the scientific applications of Harmonite are rarely usable in the field, they tend to focus more on being practical applications for everyday life.

Many use Harmonite for other things, however.  It is a surprisingly versatile stone.  Some shape the crystals into jewelry.  Some use Harmonite in the construction of appliances, furniture, and so-on.  Some even use certain Harmonite types for spice.
Back to top Go down
EonArashi

EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 10:59 pm

Aaaaaand, moving these back over here. Except with the new updates. Yay.

General
*Name: Aeris
Nickname(s): Aer (pronounced "Air"), the crazy lady, The Daughter of the Tempest
*Age: Unknown, she tends to lose count, but Aeris is very old. Her age is basically "always older than you. Deal with it." Don't say that to her face, though... she'll kill you. Or prank you incessantly. It depends on her mood.
*Alignment: Chaotic Good... though mostly just chaotic. She's definitely insane.
*Party: K
*Species: Sylph (a spirit of air; powerful but vicious)
*Appearance(Image);
Spoiler:

Traits
*Preferred Weapon(s): N/A, relies on her wind powers.
*Skills: Constructing traps, keeping fires going almost indefinitely, dealing with children or immature people calmly and without issues.
Abilities: Basically warps and controls air. Generally used as eeither powerful gusts to throw enemies around, compressed air blades to slice them up, or crushing pressure blasts for hilarious overkill. Capable of summoning mists that blanket an area. She can shape the air into vaguely transparent wings and fly with them, but this takes a lot out of her and isn't good for longer distances. Her power grows and shrinks with her awareness and her emotions.

Her body is made of air, as well. She doesn't bleed like a normal person, so small injuries don't even register for her. However, it's easier to damage her body than if it were made of flesh and blood, so even though she can regenerate, it's not without drawbacks. Also, injuries still drain her stamina, so it's not like she can just keep reforming indefinitely. Her speed of regeneration depends on the severity of the injury and her mental state, but it's always measured in minutes, not seconds.

However, her greatest ability is called "Phantasmal Winds". With this power, she increases the density of the air around her body, causing the distorted lensing of light through it to make herself functionally invisible. It also distorts her sound and scent, so following her with the other senses is equally impossible. This makes it almost impossible for her opponents to judge both the range and angle of her attacks, making blocking risky at best and dodging purely impractical. Keeping it moving in perfect synchronization with her body and at the necessary output is horrifically inefficient for her power reserves, but it makes her damn near invincible in close combat for as long as she can keep it going. She can only access this power at her absolute best, however. (As of Season 1, she can't really make use of this because her power fluctuates too much)

Affinity: Noman
*Experience Level: Inconsistent. When she's in top form, Aeris is generally one of the best fighters out there, with near-perfect control over her abilities and incredible fighting skill that could only come from several human lifetimes of experience. But it varies, because she's not all there anymore. So she can be anywhere from Basic to beyond Adept, almost at random. As of Season 1, she can't sustain a level of power with any degree of reliability.
Item(s): Always carries a malachite crystal, though she doesn't remember why anymore.
Norn: ?

Personality
*Dislikes: Mind control, senseless killing (she has no issues with killing as long as there's a reason for it, but killing without a point is abhorrent to her).
*Fears: Losing touch with the world entirely, as she's already well on her way.
*Values: Happiness, appreciating the little things in life.
*Bad Habits: Has no tact whatsoever. Extremely perverted when she chooses to be. Tends to have medium awareness/break the fourth wall on occasion.
*General Personality: Aeris is very happy-go-lucky, but she acts pretty off-kilter. She's flat-out insane at times, but she loves to smile and laugh, and likes to make others smile and laugh. Very much a gadfly; if she's not messing with someone, something is probably badly wrong. Flighty, impulsive, and often dislikes sitting still because she has too much energy.
Trademark: She knows she's in an RP... or she's just insane and hallucinating it. Nobody knows for sure. "You do!" ...shh, don't say that out loud! ;]

Background
Brother(s): N/A
Sister(s): N/A
Mother: N/A
Father: N/A
Non-Immediate Family: Unknown whether or not she has living relatives, but she has no contact with them.
*History: Aeris has very faint memories of once living as a prisoner in a tower. A lot of her memories are hazy, half-nightmarish recollections of being under the control of someone else, and being used to kill a lot of people, which created her hatred for both mind control and senseless killing. She also has the name "Alexander" stuck in her mind, and believes that the Malachite crystal she carries around belongs (or used to belong) to him. She travels all over the place, hoping to find him or his resting place so she can return the crystal to him. At the same time, she's wary of staying in one area for too long, since she has no idea who took her prisoner or why, and if they're still looking for her. However, it's also part of her nature to be flighty, so traveling isn't really a hardship for her.

Last edited by EonArashi on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
EonArashi

EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 11:07 pm

General
*Name: Kirei Katsugiya
Nickname(s): "Dark Gunner" Katsugiya
*Alignment: True Neutral
*Party: Sabrina
*Species: Human
*Appearance(Image);
Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 250px-Emiya_kiritsugu

Traits
*Preferred Weapon(s): Has a large collection of guns that he uses, in addition to a combat knife. Also, small Harmonite explosives called Blast Globes that he triggers with a magic charge. He's renowned for using both sorcery and modern weaponry to achieve his objectives, often in combination.

Gun List: Two Glock 17G4 handguns, two MP5K "Kurtz" submachine guns, REM 870 short-barreled shotgun, Walther Sniper Rifle, Contender.

Kirei will also resort to setting traps with land mines, grenades, high-grade explosives, napalm, and pretty much anything else he can get his hands on. However, he has to have some kind of forewarning for this. He doesn't carry any of that around on the fly.

Special Weapon: The Contender. A high-powered single-shot handgun that is more like a portable howitzer than a pistol, the Contender is perhaps the most powerful firearm in the world. Kirei is the only one who can use it due to his Reinforcement magic, as the recoil would shatter the arms of anyone else who tried to fire it. Even nigh-invulnerable types of Noman would probably break their hand just trying to use this thing. The power behind every bullet is simply absurd. It only fires one bullet at a time before needing to be reloaded, however, so while it is a powerful trump card, it still has a massive drawback.
Image:

*Skills: Tactical planning, trap setting, scouting, cooking (particularly without pre-prepared ingredients).
Abilities: High level gunnery and weapon skill in general. Kirei isn't purely a gunman or fighter, but a killer in the truest sense of the word. He specializes in murder, pure and simple.
Magic: Kirei's magic falls under three catagories.

1). Trick Bullets. Kirei can modify his bullets to do things that they wouldn't normally be capable of doing. Examples include ballistic ricochets, curving their trajectory, or maintaining their flight path when shattered, sliced, or otherwise damaged.

2). Origin Magic: Origin Magic is Conceptual magic, magic based on concepts or aspects of the Origin in question, rather than a preset element or type. This makes it both highly varied and highly specialized at the same time, with the only limits being the user's imagination, and the aspects of the Origin in question. Kirei's Shadow Origin, therefore, doesn't deal with actual darkness magic, but magic based on concepts such as "hidden", "obscuring", "insidious", "lightless", or other descriptors of the word "Shadow". Origin Magic is inherited, rather than learned, so Kirei is the only living person with a Shadow Origin as of this time.

Currently, Kirei's only full spell with the Shadow Origin is Hellsmoke. Based on the concepts of "insidious", "consuming", and "omnipresent", Hellsmoke is a shadowy miasma that acts like a lethal poison to anyone not carrying a Shadow Origin, or a specific protective seal from Kirei. It's quite slow-acting (takes upwards of 30 minutes to take full effect for a standard dose under standard conditions), but high-speed movement will accelerate how quickly it works, as will the concentration. Basically, if you get hit by multiple shots, or run around a lot while affected, it'll kill you a lot quicker. Kirei can augment his bullets and knife with Hellsmoke, and he can also use it as a more mundane smokescreen from his mouth. Small doses cannot kill; it takes at least one complete lungful of the stuff via inhaling and three shots/stabs via his weapons. It will be painful, distracting, and it'll slow you down some in smaller doses, but it won't be fatal. The fatal dosage also varies wildly depending on things like body mass, metabolism, magical power, species, and a whole list of other qualifiers. It's highly unreliable. There's even a way to survive once the poison hits you by burning it out of your system with large amounts of magic power, but the cost-effect ratio is roughly three units of magic to every unit of Hellsmoke in the body, making it very, very inefficient to try and survive that way, and it only really works for magi. Basically, it's not a great poison by itself.

However, what makes this spell so dangerous is how easy it is to use, and how Kirei makes use of even glancing blows to deliver it. This spell is the reason he earned the moniker "Dark Gunner", as he continually nails people with it without them suspecting the damage, often times disguising it as a standard smokescreen or a trick bullet instead. The spell itself isn't that dangerous. Kirei is the one who makes it so deadly.

3). Reinforcement. Arguably Kirei's greatest skill, magical or otherwise, Reinforcement is classified as a form of High Thaumaturgy, one of the most difficult forms of magic. At its most easily understood level, Reinforcement is enhancing the innate qualities of something. Kirei can use it to enhance his body's speed, strength, or durability. Each form is called up by an aria, or spellcasting phrase. Enforce: Accel for speed, Enforce: Striker for strength, and Enforce: Brace for durability. He can also add Double or Triple to the aria (ex. Enforce: Double Accel) to double or triple the effect of his spell, at the cost of greatly decreasing the time it can work. He is only capable of enhancing one attribute at a time; subsequent enhancements require him to reset the spell and incant the aria again.

Standard Reinforcement is about three times his base capacity, Double Reinforcement is about nine times, and Triple Reinforcement is about twenty-seven times his base capacity. However, Speed Reinforcement follows a different standard; tripled, doubled, and then multiplied by 1.5, making the final result a nine-fold boost rather than a twenty-seven-fold one. Standard Reinforcement lasts up to five minutes, Double Reinforcement lasts up to one minute, and Triple Reinforcement only works for about ten seconds. Enforce: Brace also carries its own side effect. Although it makes Kirei incredibly durable, it amplifies the pain of impacts to a massive degree. Merely getting poked in Triple Brace makes Kirei feel like he's been stabbed.

How strong does that make him? Well... Triple Striker allows him to lift roughly four tons. Triple Brace lets him take anything short of a particle canon to the face without damage. And Triple Accel allows him to reach a top speed of 180 mph on foot. There's a reason that it only last ten seconds at a time.

Reinforcement's biggest drawback is that it can only work on things the user is innately familiar with. Since Kirei's body is what he understands best, it is the only thing he can reinforce at this time. Using Reinforcement to try and strengthen others will kill them. Horribly.

Affinity: Magic, as the above section would indicate. Kirei can use technology just fine, but he has no talent for developing or improving it.  

*Experience Level: Adept/Adept+
Item(s): Carries a pressed iris flower in his breast pocket, for courage. It was a gift from his late wife.
Norn: None, though he does go treasure-hunting for Sabrina Bizra occasionally.

Personality
*Dislikes: Naivete. Also, being touched. Seriously, don't. He hates it to the point of lashing out at anyone who isn't Kishiou who does it.
*Fears: Becoming a murderer without principles. It is what led to his arrangement with Sabrina initially.
*Values: The greater good, smiles.
*Bad Habits: Doesn't care about collateral damage, utterly incapable of sugercoating things.
*General Personality: Cold, ruthless, and calculating. Kirei has been a killer since his childhood, and well over a decade of near-constant murder has left its mark on him. He still remembers how to smile, cry, and laugh, but he does all of them very rarely. Awkward in social situations and prone to being too blunt or straightforward. He also has no idea what to do when women flirt with him, to the point of being somewhat terrified and badly confused. He's willing to do any job, though he prefers more mundane ones such as being a bodyguard or acting as security for a package or location. However, due to his skills as a killer, he's most often hired as a hitman to deal with particularly unscrupulous targets.
Trademark: Dull black eyes that seem to stare straight through everything.

Background
Brother(s): N/A
Sister(s): Shirei (deceased)
Mother: Meirei (deceased)
Father: Noritaka (deceased)
Wife: Kurome Katsugiya, nee. Tohsaka (deceased)
Non-Immediate Family: Estranged.
*History: Kirei is someone who lives by one single ideal, and is willing to sacrifice anything for it. He is a martial pacifist to the most extreme level, holding life as sacred to the point that he is willing to kill as long as he can save more lives than he takes. He killed his father at a young age when he found out that he had been experimenting on his sister to make her into a more powerful mage at the cost of her sanity. He killed his sister (at her own request) after she flew out of control and killed their mother. He became a mercenary at 12, and quickly gained a reputation as someone willing to go to any means to deal with their objectives. He found some peace in his wife, a Norn researcher and distant colleague of Sabrina's named Kurome Tohsaka, but was forced to kill her as well when a lab accident (intentionally caused by her benefactor, Archmage Isaac Mardgeer) caused the Norn artifact she was studying to possess her body and fly entirely out of control. After a while, he began to fear that he was becoming as bad as his targets, and thus, when he was hired by Sabrina Bizra for a job, he forewent payment in return for her installing a dead man's switch in his body, and keeping the trigger under the control of her bodyguard, Cyan. He and Sabrina have a good working relationship, and he often runs courier or treasure hunting missions for her.

About a year after Kurome's death, he was hired to kill Kishiou Hakunetsu, a Zuman who had killed her adoptive father Joseph Harrington, and stolen his research notes on the magic he'd been studying. However, after chasing her down, Kirei asked her why a girl who had everything would kill the closest thing she had to a parent (his own family issues being the reason why), and received a different story. Apparently, Joseph Harrington had been contracted by Isaac Mardgeer to study the affects of the Sun Soul (a Norn Treasure dealing with Territory Creation) on a Zuman as they aged and grew, and Kishiou was simply the one he'd chosen. He'd cared nothing for her, and simply wanted results. Kishiou turned over the research notes, which gave creedence to her story. Kirei, though conflicted, decided to help her. He called in favors from his colleagues and contacts, getting the story to change so it became a misunderstanding over a suicide and had them doctor the evidence to match. That done, he went after Isaac Mardgeer and hunted him down for a solid month before cornering him and killing him, though in the end he only won because Mardgeer hadn't realized that Kirei had poisoned him right at the beginning of their battle and because the Archmage was stupid enough to admit to Kirei's face that he'd engineered his wife's death.

Afterwards, Kirei came back and traveled with Kishiou for about a year, taking small-ticket mercenary jobs to keep afloat, and just tried to help her get back into the swing of life. She settled down in Agrabah to act as a caretaker and part of his information network at the end of that year, so he left again to resume his full job, though he always made time to stop off in Agrabah every so often.

Last edited by EonArashi on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EonArashi

EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 11:08 pm

General
*Name: Kishiou Hakunetsu

Nickname(s): Kishi, Key, Sis, Foxy.

*Alignment: Lawful Neutral

*Party: Sabrina

*Species: Zuman (Forest Fox Tribe)

*Appearance(Image);

Lots of images:

Traits
*Preferred Weapon(s): Her dagger. She's not really a fighter, but she's still a Zuman who has been given combat training by the deadliest mercenary alive, so she can hold her own if she has to step into a fight.
Image: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 451908-62________

*Skills: Teaching, caring for small children, cooking.

Abilities: Extremely skilled the the form of magic known as Territory Creation, aided by her Norn Artifact. A very versatile but time-consuming form of thaumaturgy, Territory Creation is useless in a one-on-one battle. However, as a support magic, it is nearly unrivaled. Territory Creation allows the user to shift the area and the rules in their favor, given enough time. The user can lay down rules such as "fire will be ineffective inside this area", and it will greatly weaken if not eliminate the damage of fire. Even stranger rules are possible, getting into all sorts of abstracts. All territories that the user can create will require at least a six-count aria. The stronger ones will require at least eight to ten counts, making it very inefficient. Her strongest territory requires thirty-two counts, meaning it will take over two minutes to cast (not to mention she doesn't like to use it, because of what it does). It is appropriately effective to the difficulty of casting it, however.

She has basic skills in other magical arts, but is decently skilled in the use of rune magic, using blood to create seals or magic circles to aid in spellcasting.

Affinity: Zuman, more focus on magic.

*Experience Level: Basic/Intermediate. As I said, while she can hold her own, she's not really a fighter.

Item(s): Seal tags

Norn: The Sun Soul. A magic artifact that fills all basic prerequisites for Territory Creation. Usually, Territory Creation would be limited by the area, the amount of ambient magic in the air, and the elements and circles needed to set it up. The Sun Soul makes it so the user can set up any territory wherever and whenever they want, provided they have enough energy left to power it. It turns Territory Creation from a static art into a mobile one, and drastically cuts down on the time it would take to set up magical defenses stemming from it. There is likely some connection between the Sun Soul and the Sun of Lore, but as of yet, no-one can tell.

Image:

Personality

*Dislikes: Selfishness, killing (not for moral reasons, but still)

*Fears: Being abandoned or used (mainly due to her past)

*Values: Ideals

*Bad Habits: Eating too much. Getting excited over cute things and kids being adorable.

*General Personality: Extremely happy and kind, Kishi loves children with all her heart. She loves their innocence and strives to protect and nurture it. At the same time, she greatly dislikes selfish people. Kishiou views selfishness as the bane of mortal life, and would like nothing more than to stamp it out completely. While she won't shy away from violence, she dislikes killing. Not because it's morally wrong, or because she holds life as sacred, but because she views killing people as a waste, because it takes away their opportunity to better themselves. Part of the reason she feels that way is residual guilt over killing Harrington (her adoptive father). She feels that he could've changed to become a better person, or come to see her as a daughter the way she saw him as a father, if she'd had more time. It's misplaced guilt, but that doesn't make it any less present.

Generally, Kishiou is a bit of a "silk hiding steel" personality. Or perhaps more accurately, "brightly colored cotton hiding steel". She's quite upbeat and fun-loving, and enjoys poking and prodding at others (particularly Kirei). On the other hand, she has a very strong backbone and is by and large the most level-headed member of Sabrina's party.

Trademark: N/A

Background
Brother(s): None
Sister(s): None
Mother: Deceased
Father: Deceased
Non-Immediate Family: N/A

*History: Kishiou was abandoned by her parents at a young age, and was adopted by a mage named Joseph Harrington. He cared for her, raised her like his own daughter, and taught her the arts of magic, especially territory creation. At sixteen she overheard him conversing with an associate of his, and discovered a horrible truth: her master had been contracted to use a Zuman in an experiment to discover magical potential in a Norn Artifact, and she was simply the one he'd chosen. He'd never thought anything of her, and only cared about the results. Enraged and despairing over her lost life and the betrayal of a man she'd thought of as a father, she stabbed him in the back with her dagger and fled. Unfortunately, Harrington's associate Isaac Mardgeer caught wind of it, and hired Kirei Katsugiya to kill her. Having no combat skills and being inexperienced as a mage compared to Kirei, Kishiou had no chance of escaping. owever, after chasing her down, Kirei asked her why a girl who had everything would kill the closest thing she had to a parent (his own family issues being the reason why), and thus learned the truth. He called in favors from his colleagues and contacts, getting the story to change so it became a misunderstanding over a suicide and had them doctor the evidence to match. That done, he went after Isaac Mardgeer and hunted him down for a solid month before cornering him and killing him.

Afterwards, Kirei came back and traveled with Kishiou for about a year, taking small-ticket mercenary jobs to keep afloat, and just tried to help her get back into the swing of life. She settled down in Agrabah to act as a caretaker and part of his information network at the end of that year, so he left again to resume his full job, though he always made time to stop off in Agrabah every so often. Kishiou has lived in Agrabah for the past four years and change.
Back to top Go down
EonArashi

EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Sorry. Pulled a tendon in my hand. Typing is difficult now. Post delayed at least a day.
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 9:35 pm

It's cool. Take your time.
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 11:26 pm

Minor tweak to Lassy so I don't forget to fix it later and lead to confusion. The Gunsabre is a Norn Treasure. I.E It's magical not scientifical.

Query: Should I create a new one of these threads? Just to tidy up? Keep stuff neat? More organized.
Back to top Go down
EonArashi

EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 5:24 pm

Probably, yes.

I'm really sorry this is taking so long, but midterms came right the fuck out of nowhere and kicked me in the 'nads. The last two weeks have been a total loss, and this week is not going to be any better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)   Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forgotten Athenaeum  :: Roleplay Discussions-
Jump to: