The Forgotten Athenaeum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 47 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:55 am
Latest topics
» Kingdom Hearts: Reflections
~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 6:17 pm by Seek

» Brave New World (Cities, Attributes and Environments)
~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 5:28 pm by Raven

» Brave New World (Characters and Races)
~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 5:28 pm by Raven

» Wishful Thinking OOC
~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 9:07 am by Ink

» Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)
~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 12:10 pm by Ink

» Wishful Thinking: Sun Voyage
~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 11:10 pm by Ink

» Eon's Review Corner
~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 11:46 pm by EonArashi

» Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun
~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 12:39 am by Alisaur2

» Fate/Breakdown Discussion Thread
~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 3:58 pm by EonArashi

~Seek's Reviews~

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 11:44 pm

Welcome to Seek's reviews! I, Seek, will be review a lot with videogames. I decided to review games, or maybe I'll add my imput on pre-release screenshots or something! Welp, I hope you all enjoy! Very Happy
Or, just post your own review here! I don't mind ^-^
Also, I would love to here some feedback. Do you agree, disagree, or just think I thought incorrectly? Post a reply!

Current Videgame Reviews:

~Animal Crossing New Leaf
~Fire Emblem Awakening
~Jak and Daxter
~Kingdom Hearts
~Little Big Planet & Little Big Planet 2
~Miku Hatsune: Project Diva f
~Pokemon Conquest
~Pokemon Emerald Version
~Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
~Pokemon Y
~Rune Factory 4
~Sonic Heroes
~Samurai Warriors Chronicles
~Samurai Warriors 2
~Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes
~Spryo: Enter the Dragonfly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal Crossing New Leaf

~Seek's Reviews~ Animal_crossing_new_leaf_box_art_north_america

Story/Concept: Animal Crossing New Leaf is a real-life simulation game that puts you mayor of all your animal (yes animal) villagers. You have to build up your town to a 'perfect status!' But, that's not all you can do. There are a lot of side quests, including completing the Museum, Fishing, Diving, Bug Catching, Gardening, Building, Working at a coffee shop, and Fashion Checks! You can also expand/build your house the way you like it. Don't forget to buy furniture for your house while you are at it! Enjoy your animal neighbors and interact with them! This game packs a lot of fun with real time stimulation and endless hours.

Gameplay:
Very slow and relaxing. You can play either intensely or slowly depending on how you play. The character models look great and smooth. No lag when playing alone, but with other people, you might experience a little bit of lag. Play at your own pace.

Thoughts/Opinions: I really enjoyed playing (And still playing) this game. I find myself playing this game everyday to collect everything. Thank you my good friend for introducing the series to me! At a reasonable price, this is a must have! There is something for everyone in this game. I highly recommend it! This game is what you make out of it, so make it worth it!

Nerdy Thoughts:
The game play was very smooth and looks slick. No characters have awkward pixels on them that stick out. The water looks realistic enough and the music in this game gives you a relaxing feeling. All the controls respond great and it is easy to pick them up.

Seek's Rating:
5/5 Stars. Reached Game Perfection

Last edited by Seek on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:39 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 11:53 pm

Pokemon Y

~Seek's Reviews~ Pokemon-X-Pokemon-Y-Get-Cover-Art-Screenshots-Artwork-3

Story/Concept: Pokemon Y (And Pokemon X) is a role-playing game for the Nintendo 3DS. It places you in the cozy, lazy town of Vaniville, where you recently moved. Your mom is an ex-Ryhorn Rider and is now seeing you off on your journey. You meet up with some new friends, like Shauna, Calem (Or Serena if you are a boy), Trever, and Teirno. You all go to Lumiose City, the biggest city in the Kalos Region, to meet Professor Sycamore and get your second Pokemon Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle. You receive your first Pokemon (Chespin, Fennekin, or Froakie) from your new friend Teirno. You must travel to become the Pokemon Master and stop the sinister Team Flare as they try to put the world in peril.

Gameplay: If you ever played a Pokemon game before, it has that cozy feel. You are still locked on a grid until you unlock the roller-blades. Battles are a rock-paper-scissor format and are now in 3D. You can teach your Pokemon four-moves, experience the all new Fairy Type, and catch 'em all. Do not forget to check out Mega Evolutions and the easier methods to gain a shiny. You travel to colorful and fresh looking towns with wonderful music. If you use 3D mode in battle, your battles can start to lag, though. Also, once in a while the area will load slowly and you will see a black line on your screen.

Thoughts/Opinions: Overall, a very good game! I enjoyed choosing Chespin and seeing it evolve. Exploring Kalos was fun, but it was a bit linear in my opinion. There were a limited amount of new Pokemon which made me a bit upset. All new Pokemon designs had great original ideas, and a few of my favorites have to be Dedenne, Braxion, and Meowstic. Training was a little too easy with the new Experience Share mechanic. All your Pokemon recieve experience instead of the one battling and the one holding it. Mega Evolutions were fun to use at first, but became so over powered to use, it was no fun. Also, when I use the communication features, which are easy and very bountiful in this game, I saw way to many Mega Mewtwos. I still enjoying it plenty and am looking forward to Pokemon's future releases.

Nerdy Thoughts: You character might look a bit pixily at times, but other than that, smooth. The music is excellent and unforgettable. The Pokemon have a nice shell-shading touch to them and look more realistic than the sprites from Black and White.

Seek's Rating: 4/5 Stars. Was a huge step for Pokemon, but the lag and still using the grid was not fun all the time.

Last edited by Seek on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 11:54 pm

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles

~Seek's Reviews~ 10715-samurai-warriors-chronicles

Story/Concept: Samurai Warriors: Chronicles take you back to feudal Japan to tango with the Samurai. You can either play as a boy or a girl and they both have different weapons. The boy uses a long katana and a gun while the girl uses two swords. You can easily switch between four characters with the touch screen on the 3DS. The characters all have fully voice-acted voices, but they are in Japanese. Luckily, you have subtitles for most of it. Witness the events on what happened in feudal Japan (Or what they might of thought could of happened) and create history yourself!

Gameplay: The core of the game is to cut your way through thousands of enemies and complete objectives. You can have up to four characters, each with diverse movesets. Switching between characters is very easy, with a tap of a button. Each character has their own unique weapon (Note, a lot of them have some sort of sword) and own playstyle. You could be the fast type with a ninja, or the hard hitting type with a bulkier samurai. The game is really addictive and fun but can get old after you play for countless hours.

Thoughts/Opinions: I have to thank my sister for finding this series. I played Pokemon Conquest and really liked the character designs. I stumbled across this game and was like 'I have to have this.' So, I got the game and here is what I think: Awesome. This game takes everything I liked about the characters in Pokemon Conquest and expanded on it. This game did have it's flaws, though. Once  they zoom on the face of one of the characters, the 3DS's capacity is shown and it is not a pretty sight (Sorry Ranmaru, but your face is hideous in the 3D model O.O). Also, I really wish the voices were in english, like Samurai Warriors 3 (Which I could not play since I do not have a Wii). Anyways, besides that, this game is for people who like choatic, over powered games.

Nerdy Thoughts:
There is not much to say in the nerdy thoughts this time. The game looks great (Except for those 3D modeled faces). However, sometimes when you go into a stage, your screen will flicker. It has not caused me any problems yet and I have been playing the game for about a year, so do not worry about it. Also, really pushing those English voices...

Seek's Rating:
4/5 Stars. Almost Samurai perfecting here, with little flaws that aren't that horrible Very Happy

Last edited by Seek on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 6:40 pm

Kingdom Hearts

~Seek's Reviews~ Kingdom_hearts_box_art

Story/Concept: Kingdom Hearts takes you in the shoes of Sora, a fourteen year old boy, who wants to go explore other worlds with his friends, Kairi and Riku. Riku and Sora have quite a riviarly with each other, and Sora definitely has a crush on Kairi. Everything was going well until the Darkness came to engulf their world, Destiny Islands. You find out the world disappears thanks to the Heartless and Sora ends up in Traverse town. Meanwhile, Donald and Goofy are looking for their King, Mickey. He seemed to have left the Disney Castle, another world, to take care of something. Sora was actually chosen by the Keyblade to lock up other worlds to be protected from the Heartless. He teams up with Donald and Goofy to lock up other worlds and look for his missing friends, Kairi and Riku.

Gameplay:
Kingdom Hearts definitely is an RPG. You control Sora throughout the whole game. You look for chests, and level up your characters with an easy battle system. The battling system has three options: Attack, Magic, and Items. You choose what you want with a small little menu in the left hand corner. Heartless will have their health bar in the upper right hand corner. You have to defeat them to become stronger. You also gain a starship to travel between worlds. It is called the Gumi Ship. With the Gumi Ship, you have to dodge other ships and space objects until you reach the next world. You can also eventually customize your ship any which way you want it. With a lot of worlds, and hours of gameplay ahead of you, your in for a treat!

Thoughts/Opinions:This game was a huge part of my childhood. I would play it all the time or just watch some else play it. I loved this game to pieces. This game was challenging enough, and still can pose a challenge to me today. Even though the graphics aren't the greatest, I still think this game looks pretty good for 2002. Square Enix did a good job with the voice actors, literally getting some of the old Disney voices for the Disney characters. Sora was my all-time favorite character a long time, and still is on my top ten list. I have played Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, and I am glad to say that game still had the same charming gameplay as the original. Once, I get through Kingdom Hearts, I will start to play Kingdom Hearts 2 again, and eventually will write a review on that. I can't really say anything bad about this game!

Nerdy Thoughts:
Remember that this is a 2002 game, so I can't compare this to a game that came out this year. I am review the original PS2 port of this, so keep that in mind, too.  The characters are colorful and fun. You get to know them well, and if you are a Disney fan, you'll fit right in. The graphics are decent for a PS2 game, with facial expressions and voices.

Seek's Rating:
5/5 Stars. Childhood game worthy of 5 stars.
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 4:50 pm

Fire Emblem Awakening

~Seek's Reviews~ Fire_Emblem_Awakening_US_Boxart

Story/Concept: The story of Fire Emblem Awakening starts out with you lying unconcious in a field. Chrom, a Shepherds and prince of the nearby kingdom, Lissa, the little sister to Chrom, and Fredrick, find you lying in the field. You wake up, and have seem to forgot everything about yourself, including your name! The Shepherds are kind enough to help you clear things up by taking you to the town, but the town is on fire! They abandon you to help the citzens, and you decide to fight! (This is just the first chapter of the game, I don't want to give too much away if you are planning on playing it!)

Gameplay: Fire Emblem Awakening is a strategy RPG. You fight on grid and move your units according to your strategy. You can even pair up your units, and when paired up, they give each other bonuses and even strengthen their friendship. If you pair up an eligible couple, they can even marry and have children! There are over 30 classes to choose from, and many of them are awesome to test out! Over 20 characters that are memorable, a great story, and an addicting RPG, this game is amazing!

Thoughts/Opinions:
I absolutely love this game! I was not sure if this game would be good at first, but after playing the demo, I definitely went out and bought it. I loved the story, though some might find it to be cheesy in a way. The characters are new and refreshing. I really liked the english voices of the characters. They suited the character's personalities very well. I also liked how you could play the game again on a harder difficulty, and it would actually get harder, even to the point where your barely hanging on. This game has reached my top ten games list

Nerdy Thoughts:
The characters look great and have very complex designs. Their voices are smooth and fitting. The game has no glitches, but it might lag registering you ending your turn. The characters, though, lack feet (Lol). They have stubby feet, as I like to say.

Seek's Rating:
6/5 Stars. Yea, this game is THAT good

Last edited by Seek on Sat May 31, 2014 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Sonic Heroes

~Seek's Reviews~ Tumblr_l8ar81e2JX1qdtw9eo1_400

Story/Concept:Doctor Eggman threatens to take over the world again! It's up to Sonic and his pals to take him down! There are four teams with three characters each in them. One speed, one flying, and one power. Team Sonic (Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles) are trying to stop Doctor Eggman from destorying the world in three days. Team Shadow (Shadow, Rouge, and E123-Omega) are after Doctor Eggman to try to find out Shadow's past because he lost his memory. Team Rose (Amy, Cream, and Big) are trying to find Froggy and Chocola. Team Choatix (Espio, Charmy, and Victor) are working for a mysterious client trying to make some money. The game has the four stories intertwine with each other at certain points, and is very repetitive in gameplay. The game ends with you defeating eggman, and after you beat a story, you unlock their team's theme song! (A lot of them are very catchy!)

Gameplay:Sonic Heroes is a platformer where you explore many different worlds by going through levels. You have to coordinate on how you are to switch your characters around. Speed characters are the fastest and have a handy homing attack for those pesky enemies. Flying characters help the team fly over those tricky space. Also have a quite weak attack, so leave the fighting to power or speed characters. Power characters help you break down a wall, or take down a horde of enemies. All the characters play a little different from each other. The bosses are colorful and sometimes quite the challenge. The levels are bright and refreshing. Team Dark is one the hardest difficulty, Team Sonic is the normal difficulty, and Team Rose is the easiest difficulty. Team Chaotic is quite different from the rest, with missions inside the levels instead of just completing them.

Thoughts/Opinions: This was my very first Sonic game, and I loved it! I played this game for endless hours, even though I was not that good at it. I only beat Team Rose and Team Sonic completely. This game didn't have the best graphics, but I really grew fond of the characters. I remember unveiling the mystery of Tail's gender because back in the day, I thought he was a girl. Also, I really liked Knuckles for some reason (Sonic Boom, you ruined my childhood with Knuckles >:U) I know most of the level music by heart and just loved playing the flying characters the best. This game is one of those old games that hold a special place in my heart, like Kingdom Hearts and a few others.

Nerdy Thoughts: This game is older, so the graphics aren't the best. The characters are really colorful with complete voice acting. Each level looks nice, even though when you die from water, it looks cheesy.

Seek's Rating: 4/5 It's a fun game if you really like Sonic and have time Very Happy

Bonus! I added the opening I've seen so many times xD It's quite catchy!

Last edited by Seek on Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 11:16 pm

Pokemon Conquest

~Seek's Reviews~ Large

Story/Concept:
Pokemon Conquest is a crossover with Pokemon and Nobunga's Ambition. Two completely different series. Temco Koei taking this game under their wing, they actually made this work. You take control of a Warlord who owns a castle (Aurora) and you try to conquer the land to meet the legendary Pokemon! Each kingdom has a different Warlord, and you have to defeat them all, one at a time. There are seventeen kingdoms to conquer, each with their own battle landscape. The game is really fun, but the story is a bit shallow. Endless hours of fun, guaranteed.

Gameplay: The gamplay is 'Fire Emblem Style.' If you do not know what Fire Emblem is, it is a turn based, RPG that you have to stratigically place your units on the spaces so they can inflict the most damage. Each person gets one Pokemon. Each Pokemon has one move. Sometimes, a person can have their 'Perfect Link.' A Perfect Link is a Pokemon you can achieve the best ratings with. For example, Eevee is your perfect link. You can achirve the best with Eevee and it's evolutions (Excluding Sylveon, she didn't exist when this came out). The gameplay is highly repetitive and very addictive.

Thoughts/Opinions: I LOVE this game. This game was great! I played through the whole story, and all the afterstories. This game was lacking though. The characters where very bland and most of the NPCs had recycled designs. Besides that, this game was brilliant! My sister found out that this was also a cross-over with Samurai Warriors. From an earlier review, you can see that I now like the series. I did like the character a lot (My fav is Masamune c: ). I hope that there will be a Conquest 2, to help add in forgotten content that the producers wanted to put in, but couldn't!

Nerdy Thoughts:
This game looks nice. The Pokemon are very nicely animated. Though, can look very pixely at times. Each character and kingdom reflect each other, and they did a nice job with this. There are only roughly 250 Pokemon in the game. This number looks lacking at a distance, but you barely notice it in the game. The Warlords can also 'evolve' into a more powerful warlord. They need to fufill special requirments to do this with their Perfect Link Pokemon. Some are easy to evolve, some are hard. I personally think this game was the best Pokemon spin-off.

Seek's Rating: 5/5 Stars. Everything but the story rocked! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 5:42 pm

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Raven came over a few days ago with her Wii. She was going to help Cat with something, but we decided to play Super Smash Bros. Things were going well and it was very fun! Then, Raven came up with the beat idea. She decided to do a full Kid Icarus battle with me! Four Pits and on the Skyworld stage, it was a blast! She was Dark Pit and I was normal Pit. We had two coms with us because Cat refused to join. Their were many Super Smashes and it was sometimes hard to tell who was who. The coms just refused to die a lot, and we had to gang up on the last com. In the end, I rained victorious! It was so much fun and I would gladly do it again with another character! Smile
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 10:37 pm

*Cleans some cobwebs in the corner* Time to post on this thread again! XD

Little Big Planet & Little Big Planet 2
-These games are very similar to each other, so I'm pairing them together-

~Seek's Reviews~ Littlebigplanet-official-us-boxart

~Seek's Reviews~ LittleBigPlanet-2-Cover-Art

Story/Concept:CREATE! This is the main theme of LBP. It gives you full control over practically everything in the game. In LBP1, the story was quite short and sweet. You had to save the world from 'The Collector.' It was short and sweet. Mostly, you would just collect materials and stickers to place in levels that you create by yourself! The levels are 2 dimensional and quite cartoonish looking. LBP2, however is a little different. There is more of a story to it and way more features. A beautiful sequel to the first. The story is you team up with DaVinchi and Avalon to take down a giant vacuum, consuming the world. You meed quite colorful characters on the way, with voice acting included! If you want to make a horse, you can! All you need is your imagination to play these games.

Gameplay: Gameplay varies from player to player. However, most people make plat- formers on LBP. It's a very varied community. However, if you lack internet access or a Playstation Network Account, it's mostly plat-formers in the story. A few minigames here and there to play along with the story. Or, you can become creative and start your own levels. You can choose backrounds, backround music, characters, voices, and much much more. And, if your feeling proud of your work, share it with the world! They can leave comments about your levels. They can also review it. Also, you can design your 'sack' anyway you want. You want it to be a Pikachu? Just sticker it up and it will look like a Pikachu! Many people get really creative with their sackboys!

Thoughts/Opinions:I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS GAME! This game brought my whole world to life. I would play it all the time, and make these amazing outfits for my 'sack.' Endless hours of fun. I have nothing really bad to say about the game, except for searching for levels on the community. A lot of crappy levels make it to the top, sadly. But, there are some pretty good ones out there. I did almost everything on the is game. However, due to current events, I had to stop playing this game. This game will always bring back great memories and it exploited my imagination to the fullest!

Nerdy Thoughts:There is nothing really nerdy to say about this game. The graphics are realistic and great. And, you can practically bend anything to look like anything you want. Just, sometimes your sack can look distorted because of lag, that is all.

Seek's Rating:1000/10. Yup, it beat Fire Emblem. This game went down in history! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 7:08 pm

News Update! Super Smash Bros for 3DS & WiiU

There was a Nintendo Direct today, and it gave a lot of information on the new SBB games coming out later this year!

First off, the 3DS version is coming out in the Summer and the WiiU version is coming out in the Winter!

Next off, new and returning characters: Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, Yoshi, Greninja, and Charizard! *Zero Suit Samus and Sheik are their own characters now! You got your wish Raven!*

Also introduced a few new game modes and some items. A lot of Pokemon are confirmed as supports, lol.

And that was all! Pretty good chunk of info! http://www.smashbros.com/us/
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 11:27 am

Okay I know this is your thread and all, but when did I say I wanted Zero Suit Samus and specifically Sheik their own characters? I don't remember this. I just remember saying when who I usually prefered to play as.

So what's gonna be Sheik and Zelda's down specials and the final smashes?
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 3:03 pm

I inferred you liked to play Zero Suit Samus better, so....yea xD

And we do not know yet! All this information was mostly surrounding Pokemon.

And, I will get back to my reviews and all sometime :p
Back to top Go down
supernintendo64

supernintendo64

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 5:51 pm

Nice job seek. This makes me really tempted to make video game reviews of my own.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 12:15 am

Go right ahead. If you do, I'd be extra grateful if you included some from the N64 era etc.
Back to top Go down
supernintendo64

supernintendo64

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 9:24 am

Raven wrote:
Go right ahead. If you do, I'd be extra grateful if you included some from the N64 era etc.

oh my gosh I love the n64! Golden-eye, banjo-kazooie,super mario64,donkey kong 64 Very Happy. Nostalgia ftw!
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 12:52 pm

I don't mind. Post any reviews you want! These are just mine! Wink

And I got another one! <3
I will try to come here more often, but life has been busy, I almost forgot about this place! DERP!

Samurai Warriors 2

~Seek's Reviews~ Sw2usa-cover

Story/Concept:Take control of a samurai from the feudal Japan era and slash your way to victory! Over 30 characters to choose from, all with unique movesets! Each character has a story, on what they did in the era. However, some of the stories are inaccurate to history. Each character has 4 weapon types they can aquire, and in the expansion pack (Samurai Warriors 2 XTreme Legends) they get another weapon and an alternate costume. Each character has a personality slapped on them, and sometimes it is hilarious to hear what they will say.

Gameplay:
A honest hack-and-slash game. You are overpowered over many mini enemies. You run around the map, trying to defeat the enemy officers or follow the mission. Missions can vary from protecting someone, to leading someone to build a castle/causing a flood, or protect a siege ramp. Each level has it's own twerk to it. But, there is one level that brings the horrors. Mt. Tenno has to be the worst stage. It is long, the mountain is annoying to climb, and it is hard. However, the rest of the stages are fantastic. Battling is fun, and each character feels different.
There are also two mini game modes in the game, Sugoruko and Survival mode. Sugoruko is a board game that you can play up to four people. You start in one spot, go around the map to collect your three flags, and buy property. It works like Monopoly. If you land on another person's space, you pay them. Once you get your three flags, you go back to the square you started on and collect money. The goal of the game is to get the most money. However, there are challenges and hardships along the way. The game is based mostly on luck. Survival mode is very different from the normal gameplay. You are in a castle and you have to try to see on how long you can survive. Each floor has a different mission to do. Sometimes it is defeating the officers. Other times, it can be sneaking around. It actually proved to be quite the challenge to me.

Thoughts/Opinions:This game is way better than Chronicles. The voices are in English and the acting is not too bad. I find myself cracking up a lot while playing. I like to play most characters, except for a few. Each character grows differently and has different moves. Nothing feels like it was re-used. This game proved to be worth it. Playstation 2 might be out of style, but if you have one lying around, I recommend getting this game. I already played over thirty hours! Also, play with a friend, it will be way more fun! Wink

Nerdy Thoughts: Keep in mind this game is older. The graphics are good for a Playstation 2. They aren't the best. Each character is detailed and looks nice on the battlefield. However, some of their outfits look awkward when they ride a horse. They re-used a lot of the same skins for the NPCs. It can get boring with the NPCs sometimes. Besides that, they were nice.

Seek's Rating: 4.5/5 Nice one Koei! Very Happy

Last edited by Seek on Sat May 31, 2014 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
supernintendo64

supernintendo64

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 1:37 pm

In samurai warriors 3 you don't have to worry about mount tenno lol. Its easy to get up. I do have to admit I prefer samurai warriors 2's cutscenes over 3's anyday. By the way seek I cant rp over at the wcf anymore so well have to roleplay here.
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 9:58 am

Should I move it over here? I still have access to it Wink
I could just move all the posts.

And that is a relief. I saw some of the SW3 cutscenes and they aren't as good as SW2, sadly. As much as I hate Mt. Tenno, it did serve a challenge.
Back to top Go down
supernintendo64

supernintendo64

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 12:22 pm

If you want to or we can just continue where we left off. Either way doesn't matter. I got banned for trolling on there XD lol not the best idea. Yeah I don't own samurai warriors 2 but I use to when I was younger. Fun game Smile cant wait for smw4.
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 1:44 pm

I think I will move it, it would make the story flow more for the people here who want to read it.

I got SW2 from Ebay for 15$, so worth it Wink
And me too! I will review it when I get it!
Back to top Go down
supernintendo64

supernintendo64

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 11:11 am

I agree and seek do you have a ps3?
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 6:38 pm

*News Update*

Samurai Warriors 4 <PS3, PS4, Vita> has been confirmed for Europe and America releases! It is due to come out in Fall 2014 for both continents! Very Happy
Totally picking this up! And a PSN card for all the amazing DLC in this game ^.^

~Seek's Reviews~ Samuraiwarriors4

Tomadachi Life <3DS> is coming in store June 6th, 2014! A game that uses Miis and creates your life, Tomadochi style!
This game sounds fun and interesting Smile

~Seek's Reviews~ Tomodachi-Life-box-3DS-USA-1024x936

Pokemon Art Academy <3DS> is scedule to release Fall 2014. A cute game that teaches you how do draw Pokemon!
Not really my taste in a Pokemon game, but being a hard core fan and all, why not inform people?

~Seek's Reviews~ Pokemon-art-academy-EUR-boxart

Pokemon Omega Ruby & Pokemon Alpha Sapphire <3DS> is coming Novemeber 2014. Get ready to explore Hoenn again!
Excited for this game! Hoenn isn't my favorite region, but I'm excited for a new main series game! Smile
I'm choosing Treeko and naming it Magoichi

~Seek's Reviews~ Pokemon-Omega-Ruby-and-Alpha-Sapphire-400x225

Zelda Musou <WiiU> is coming out int Japan on August 14, 2014. Take Samurai Warriors/Dynasty Warriors and mash them with Zelda characters. Well, since we have a Japanese release date, the English one is bound to come soon!

~Seek's Reviews~ Zelda_musou

Watch Dogs <PS3, PS4, XBox 360, XBox 1, Wii U> Don't really know what this game is about, but it sounds good. It is already out!

~Seek's Reviews~ Watch_dogs-1920x1080

And there you have a few game updates!
Don't forget about Comicon and E3 coming up for new games! Smile

~Seek's Reviews~ E3-Logo ~Seek's Reviews~ MCM_ComicCon_London_v

As for me, the games I will review, eventually:

1. Samurai Warriors
  2. Jak and Daxter
  3. Sly Cooper 2
  4. Ty, the Tasmanian Tiger
  5. Spyro Enter the Dragonfly
  6. Marvel Ultimate Alliance
  7. Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes (I own it, just haven't play it)
  8. Ocarina of Time (Yea, it's happening)

~Seek's Reviews~ 6573228

Seek is out!
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:26 am

Just not to leave that question hanging for the wanderers, yes, yes I did.

Jak and Daxter

~Seek's Reviews~ Jakcover

Story/Concept: You taker control of Jak, a teenager with spiky yellow hair. His best friend is Daxter, who is human at this point in time. The game opens up with Jak and Daxter going to Misty Island, an island crawling with Lurkers. Being curious teenagers, the two head on the island and explore it. However, Daxter falls in Dark Ecu and turns into a Precursor (Probably the cutest type of them anyway)! So, now it's up to you to explore the world, find the four sages, and turn Daxter back to normal by finding the Dark Sage.

Gameplay: It is more of a platformer type of game. But, you can choose between which area you want to explore first - so RPG in that aspect. There are no guns or any of that kind of stuff. All you get is your fists, feet, and sometimes the help of Ecu. There are four kinds of Ecu, green, yellow, red, and blue. Green heals you, blue makes you fast, yellow shoots fireballs from your hand, and red hypes up your attack. You go through colorful environments with a pretty good story. Everytime you die, Daxter will throw a comment to you. Not many games make death humorous, so this one stands out. Sadly, it is quite easy to beat and short. But, besides that, it is a great game.

Thoughts/Comments: I absolutely love this game. I believe this was the first game that I ever played, back in the day. With colorful graphics and characters, it exposed me to the gaming universe. I probably would not be the same person I am today without this game. I was able to beat it, too, when I was little. I was one of the worst videogame players when I started. I lost or couldn't complete many challenging games. But, after watching my siblings play this, I picked up on it and was able to complete it. I say this game brings back more nostalgia than any other game I own. Very Happy

Nerdy Thoughts: Okay, this game came out in 2001, and a reboot in 2012. I have only played the PS2 version. so bare with me on the HD version. In the PS2 version, the characters were colorful, the animation was smooth, and nothing really looked choppy. It was a great game, ahead of it's time at the time.

Seek's Rating: 5/5 Pure Nostalgia for me.
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 3:31 pm

Samurai Warriors 2: Music

I just found the catchiest tune that was made from the VA's of Samurai Warriors 2.

I thought I would share it ^.^

And here is where I found the lyrics: http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Appare!

Koei Wiki wrote:
Yukimura

In the distance
   of this wide and barren plain
   there lies thousands of foes before us
   Now is the time for us to march

Kanetsugu

We have nothing to fear
   as long as we are together
   Once our indomitable wills unite
   we are invincible

Mitsunari

Today's sky
   shines with peerless glory
   It's clear and a deep blue
   like my heart

Together

Let us go!
   Ah, what bliss!
   No one in the land can stop us
   for our victory
   and for the sake of a new age
   Ah, now is the time
   for our dreams
   to become one
   as we head towards a peaceful tomorrow

Yukimura

The day I doubt myself in the battlefield
   will be the day I lay in my grave
   No blade nor spear
   could hope to outmatch my determination

Kanetsugu

The three of us look
   towards the same sky on which we shared our vow
   Its colors from that day have not faded
   for its blue hue is still here

Mitsunari

The time is now
   We won't lose our passion
   in the midst of turmoil
   We rush towards an unpredictable tomorrow

Together

Let us go!
   Ah, what elation!
   We are the best in the land
   We rush towards
   the shining land we desire
   Ah, compared to
   the day when
   fate first brought us together
   our dream is unshakable, and for that we fight

Yukimura: Behold the life of a warrior
   Mitsunari: Observe the land's command
   Kanetsugu: Watch our love and honor and desires
   Together: We'll show you the will of all samurai

Today's sky
   shines with utter glory
   without fault and sheer clarity
   as though it were our hearts
   Let us go!

Ah, what a feeling!
   No one in the land can stop us
   for our victory
   and for the sake of a new age
   Ah, now is the time
   for our dreams
   to become one
   as we head towards a peaceful tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Seek

Seek

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:00 pm

Greatness Returns

My PS3 is now fixed! We got a new one. Very Happy
And I got to play Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes <3
So, when I finally get the chance to go online, I will!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

~Seek's Reviews~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Seek's Reviews~   ~Seek's Reviews~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~Seek's Reviews~
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next