HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 18 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:58 pm
Latest topics
» Wishful Thinking OOC
Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:07 am by Ink

» Star Wars RP Profiles
Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:42 pm by EonArashi

» Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)
Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:10 pm by Ink

» "The Kingdom of Laril" Discussion area
Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:38 pm by Raven

» Ink's Portfolio
Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:17 am by Ink

» Wishful Thinking: Sun Voyage
Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:10 pm by Ink

» So here we are.
Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:38 pm by Ink

» The Kingdom of Laril
Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:53 am by Raven

» Just because
Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:20 pm by Raven

Share | 

The Endless Sands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vir Honestus
Admin

PostSubject: The Endless Sands   Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:49 pm

I can feel the winds billowing over my body, the sound of the sand tumbling around me. I can hear the shift of the dunes and I can feel the heat of the sun although I am cold. I can barely move, the blood has flown from me in too great an amount. I recall that I was stabbed and left here to die as I touch the knife that is still embedded within my flesh. The cooled blood does little but remind me of how little time I may have left. My clothes are soaked with it, the cotton stained from stark white to a deep crimson. I gingerly touch the hilt of the the blade but let my arms fall in pain.

I lie in perfect stillness listening to naught but the throb of my heartbeat getting ever weaker. My attackers must have expected me to die swiftly since they had stabbed me in my stomach. A pity that I hadn't, at this point the pain is so great I wish I had died. I begin to fade in and out of consciousness seeing images of angels on high and demons below. I won't say I was a good man as my art was in killing , but look at me now bleeding out in a desert.

The angels tempt me to the skies and the demons attempt to drag me down from below, why is it that I refuse them both? Perhaps I still have some fight left in me neh? Despite the pain I roll onto my side and change my view of the endless blue sky to the endless shifting sands as the two meet on the horizon. I touch my hand to my stomach and it comes away red against my pale skin. Not much longer now and I'll pass from this life in one form or another. I do not regret my life or have remorse for the men I killed, it was only a matter of time before I was next. I look to the horizon once more and feel a sudden urge to resist my beckoning death and survive. But I've lost to much blood, any more and I'll surely be dead. Despite knowing this I use the last of my strength to push myself off the ground and rise to my feet. I look down at the piece of metal sticking from my body and imagine the look the men I killed gave when I did much the same to them. Did I make a face of surprise or anger?

I begin walking using a power I did not know my body held. I took one step at a time clutching my abdomen. I dare not remove the blade else it will cut as it comes out bleeding me dry even quicker. I slowly make my way through the sands as the sun follows my path and eventually overtakes me. The stars above shine onto me as the night presses on and I continue to walk. The thought of determination and revenge begin empowering my steps. Surprisingly my wound has stopped bleeding. Perhaps it has clotted or I'm too stubborn to die and am walking on will alone. As the sands go on my resolve wanes and I begin to falter, soon deaths cold embrace will take me and I'll be buried in the sands for eternity. I collapse into the sands narrowly impaling the blade into my body even further. I lie face down and slowly fade away.

"Looks like he's almost dead."

"Yes almost, but not quite. Help me get him into the cart."

The Endless Sands
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1