The Forgotten Athenaeum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 47 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:55 am
Latest topics
» Kingdom Hearts: Reflections
SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 6:17 pm by Seek

» Brave New World (Cities, Attributes and Environments)
SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 5:28 pm by Raven

» Brave New World (Characters and Races)
SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 5:28 pm by Raven

» Wishful Thinking OOC
SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 9:07 am by Ink

» Vangelon RP's (WT, DC, MC)
SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 12:10 pm by Ink

» Wishful Thinking: Sun Voyage
SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 11:10 pm by Ink

» Eon's Review Corner
SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 11:46 pm by EonArashi

» Wishful Thinking: Voyage of the Sun
SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 12:39 am by Alisaur2

» Fate/Breakdown Discussion Thread
SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 3:58 pm by EonArashi

SSP:R (Discussion)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ink

Ink

SSP:R (Discussion) Empty
PostSubject: SSP:R (Discussion)   SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 5:09 am

Feel free to discuss, suggest, and ask question here.  But first, I shall mention actual gameplay.

The RP's going to be broken into two.  One for the "Multiplayer" features, and one for "Story Mode".

In multiplayer, you can pick whatever character you please and duke it out.  Character may still have dialogues, as if it were a normal RP, but there's no real story or anything.  It's just a rumble.

In story mode, you generally just play as any one of the characters you created.  You can play as others, but I recommend you ask the creator of the characters about that first.  Only Unlocked characters can be chosen.  Certain characters are unlocked based on the level presently being traversed.  While all characters can be unlocked in story mode, there are some characters who can't be unlocked until after a level is beaten a first time and then revisited using specific characters.  Ex: to unlock a certain character in Story Mode, the level must be revisited with K in the party.  A mini-story will then activate for the level and clearing that new mini-story unlocks the character.  This is a method of unlock that you can select for your own unlock able characters.  I don't have to decide these things.  It is called "Post Story Unlock".

(Note: Even if a character is available from the start, based on Multiplayer, if you don't choose to use them from the start, then you won't be able to use them until a future level or boss of the story when they can be properly introduced.)

Also, if a character is unlocked here, then they are unlocked in Multiplayer as well.

While story mode is level-by-level (possessing well over 30 levels), it still plays like any other RP.  Transitioning between levels, however, often provides a bit of a twist.

Level Transitioning: Obviously, the party isn't going to always be assembled in full from level-to-level.  Many level transitions will bring about "cut scenes" with circumstances that split the party up and even introduce new characters from time to time as party members.

Other details will be explained over time, but for now, talk.
Back to top Go down
http://networknexttv.blogspot.com
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: SSP:R (Discussion)   SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 9:51 am

I'm thinking we have enough characters now that we can start working on the story mode, here. So if you have any ideas, feel free to pass them around. I know Eon had something.
Back to top Go down
EonArashi

EonArashi

PostSubject: Re: SSP:R (Discussion)   SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 3:08 pm

Well, my idea was basically to have a lab section, with a powered-up Noctal, possessed by the bad guys, as the boss character. Beating him is his story unlock. Replaying the stage with both K and Kouken is the story unlock for Aeris.

Though honestly, I think we need to have a head bad guy first.
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: SSP:R (Discussion)   SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 3:44 pm

Could make the head villain Cat =P

Kidding. Open to suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: SSP:R (Discussion)   SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 1:14 pm

Okay, an infuriating female with Napoleon syndrome, is hyperactive, wears a brightly saturated color of red at a high key value, and has no sympathy for the interests of her subordinates. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: SSP:R (Discussion)   SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 1:25 pm

...So Cat.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: SSP:R (Discussion)   SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 1:39 pm

Maybe.

I never said that though.
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: SSP:R (Discussion)   SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Riiight <_<

For real, tho, the idea is nice. K shall relish the chance to shred such a person with her claws.
Back to top Go down
Raven

Raven

PostSubject: Re: SSP:R (Discussion)   SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 1:46 pm

I can have Faye program the appearance of a wall to restrain her too so that you may have easy aim for such destruction.
Back to top Go down
Ink

Ink

PostSubject: Re: SSP:R (Discussion)   SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 2:01 pm

This is good idea. Yah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSP:R (Discussion)   SSP:R (Discussion) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SSP:R (Discussion)
Page 1 of 1